Page 74// Forgiveness

I didn't want forgiveness.

I didn't know what to do with it.

I hadn't earned it.

I couldn't process it.

All that you need from some people is their existence.

The fact that this unbelievable human exists is just enough.

If this world was as bad a place as I'm convinced it is, there is absolutely no logical reason for this person to be real.

But they are.

They're always just there, existing in their own little bubble, making reality harder to accept because how they clearly disrupt the human pattern.

They're not normal.

Nope. Not a bit.

Okay, maybe they are.

Maybe just for you, they're that little bit more than normal.

A little more life.

They confuse your brain. They make it harder for your brain to brain.

Now, I could say they're a challenge for your brain. But they're really not.

They're just there.

Making the world a better place one complex equation at a time.

In some cases the equation is the universe.

But it doesn't have to be. Sometimes, it's just a tiny piece of it.

And more often than not, that tiny piece of the universe, is your tiny piece of the universe.

Which in turn sorta means that for them to posses those abilities, they need you to exist.

They need you to be a part of their universe because even the slightest of slips in the contents of a specific universe can turn it upside down.

So I guess that's why they're just so freaking special.

Because if they're special, it means that maybe, you're special too.

An essential part of the universe.

P.S. Chase is pretty much the softest little cupcake at 2 a.m. I think I'm going to cry.

But I understood why I needed her forgiveness.

And I suppose she understood it just as well as I did.

Maybe it was her way of letting me know that she didn't want to hear anything I had to say.

Maybe she just wanted me to feel this as much as she did.

But as far as I knew her, she didn't do it for me. She didn't do it to make me feel anything or make me understand anything. She did it for herself.

P was the kind of person who looked at a situation like this and did what she knew would hurt the least.

And I loved her for that.

She knew when she had to be selfish, when she had to let go of a situation.

The only thing she had not let go of for the longest time, no matter how much it hurt her, was me.

I wanted to believe that I was the part of her universe that made everything a little better and that's why she never wanted to let go.

As conceited as it sounds, I wanted to be special for her.

Because she was special for me. Of course she was, she was P!

She was always meant to be special.