Page 28// Princess

"You're eating. You're actually eating." She grinned.

"Is it really that big of a deal?"

"Be honest with me Clarke, how does it feel to finally eat like a normal human being?"

"I do eat-"

"Not nearly as much as a big boy like you should be eating!"

"Give him a break Mer." One of her friends said. I wasn't sure who it was.

"Thank you." At least someone understood that today it was just me and the food.

"Draxy?" I heard someone place a hand on my shoulder.

"Not today." I said.

"Why don't you come back to our table?"

"P, not today."

"Draxy please, I don't want you to have to sit so far away from us anymore."

"I'm trying to eat."

"Hey Princess maybe you could let the poor guy eat?" Mercury spoke this time.

"Princess? Why the fuck do you think you're allowed to call me anything but P?"

"Gosh I'm sorry Princess."

"Call me that again and we'll have a very big problem."

"Looks like we have a problem then Princess."

"Oh you've had it now!"

"Princess, I'm trying to eat." I said.

"You know what, stay at this shit table! Your food's coming with me." She said as she snatched my tray and turned to leave.

"P, come on she was just kidding."

"It's supposed to be our thing Drax!"

"It's my fault, alright? He was eating and for us little creatures at this table, that's a bit of a big deal, so I'm sorry if you're offended, I just wanted him to have a good meal... he looked happy." Mercury said.

"I don't believe these are your new friends."

"You did take away all my old ones." I whispered as I picked up my things and walked out of there.

Life isn't always fluffy blankets and soft pillows, sometimes this little thing called reality knocks you out by simply being it's evil self.

Humans just so happen to be an almost unavoidable part of reality.

Honestly, I've never been exceptionally popular in school and it didn't sting until this very second.

You see... Reality isn't exactly a cakewalk. It's kind of like a tightrope and you're in the most uncomfortable pair of stilettos while walking it. And although humans posses the power to make it worse, having a few special humans can make reality just that much more tolerable.

The special human I speak of my dear reader is a best friend.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the friends I have but I don't think even one of them would qualify as a best friend.

Yeah I have Chase but that's different! He's important to me in ways I can't even describe but I don't have anyone else who sees through me.

So instead of crying about nonexistent platonic soulmates as I have for the last few minutes, I'm going to get one!

I know it's a little drastic but I need the love right now!

That's correct, I'm getting cupcakes!