Page 22// Daggers

"Drax Clarke. Again."

"We've been over this Fate." I smirked not looking up from the book I had been staring into.

"I don't get your deal. Just date her if it's such a big deal for your people."

"I don't want to date her. And I refuse to give in to her tantrum."

"I suppose that's understandable too. But I mean... Aren't you even going to go sit with them?"

"Let's not pretend like you don't see them glaring daggers my way."

"Daggers? Honey try swords." She chuckled. "But how much longer will this last? I can't have you starving yourself at my table anymore! It has been weeks!"

"I'm just not hungry."

"Exactly! You're never hungry. And as much as I hate to admit it, I am almost worried for you and your almost underdeveloped-ish biceps."

"What?" I looked up from my book.

"I'm just saying." She shrugged.

"I don't see how my appetite concerns you." I smirked.

"As you can probably tell, I eat a lot and well since it's just the two of us today, I'm feeding you!"

"Feeding me?"

"I got you a banana! And a little cookie." She smiled.

"That's uh- sweet?"

"You think that's sweet? Wait till you eat the banana."

"Where are the rest of your table mates anyways?"

"My table mates are celebrating my best friend's birthday. I could've just skipped school but the nerd inside me wouldn't let me so yeah I'm going to be late to my best friend's birthday party! She wanted me to let you know that you're invited! So I guess that's my excuse for attending school today. Drax Clarke."

"It's a decent excuse." I shrugged.

"Yeah, go back to your book now. This conversation has been terminated." She rolled her eyes at me.

There were things I couldn't explain even to myself and there were things that were so wonderful I didn't want to know their meaning. The wonder was part of the mystery.

And that's what Chase's lips had become for me: Math.

Okay that's not a joke I'm proud of but I hope it conveys the point!

Anyways! So math! How do I even begin to explain something so devastatingly complicated? But at the same time so magical?

Math!

Alright don't get me wrong, I am not in love with math. I just find it fascinating.

It's painful at times but it's worth all the effort and the pain.

Math is beautiful. And its enchanting beauty can only be observed once you've explored at least a tiny portion of it.

Otherwise it's just something as annoying and dreadful as Wednesday mornings which don't totally suck but aren't really all that great either.

I guess it just depends on how patient you are with it? If you let go of it too early you don't see it for what it truly is.

So I guess math is just like humans?

Beautiful. Difficult. Complicated. At times disappointing? But once you've understood them, absolutely mind blowing.