Page 92// You're drunk?

"You kinda look like shit."

"This is becoming a little bit of a pattern." I whispered. She looked pretty. Soft, pretty eyes, her lips were pressed together and there was this hazy glow around her--maybe that was just how everything looked.

She shrugged. "You seem to look like shit a lot."

I wanted to laugh. "Gosh, I love you." I whispered under my breath as I walked inside and dropped myself on the sofa. She followed me inside.

"Drax, you know you're going to be okay, right?"

"Yeah, eventually, I guess." I shrugged.

"No, don't say it like that, Draxy--hold on a second--you've been drinking? You're drunk?"

"You look pretty, Pepperoni." I whispered.

"That explains why you smell funny! Draxy, you don't drink? What's wrong with you?" She sounded frustrated?

"Lacey's with mom--I don't have to be careful now." I shrugged.

"Lacey's not why you don't drink." She shook her head.

"I--I don't understand--"

"Drax, you don't drink because you never ever wanted to be like your dad and I don't know what's going on with you but I know you don't drink!"

"But I am like him, and it doesn't matter. He's not so bad. Lacey says not so bad. Maybe it's better if I am like him--then I won't be like myself and maybe that's how it's supposed to be? Maybe it'll all be normal  then?"

She came closer to me.

"No, go away! Go away!" I had already hurt her.

She wrapped her arms around me.

"We're going to get you to bed, okay?"

"But I don't want to sleep, I just want you to leave. I'll hurt you."

"Draxy, you're not him."

"But I am."

"Drax, come on." She helped me up and took me to my room.

"I can't sleep without reading--"

"I'll read it out to you." She said.

"Okay." I whispered.

She sat next to me and picked up the journal.

"What page were you on?"

"I don't know."

"Alright, I'll just pick one."

Dear reader,

I'm pretty sure Chase just caused my mind to shut down. One minute I was fine, thinking about him and then suddenly it happened! I couldn't think.

It's like my mind just stopped functioning! And I'm pretty sure I know exactly why.

I have this theory that Chase is a superhero.

I know it sounds stupid but I can explain!

He always knows what I'm thinking about. It's freakishly accurate sometimes.

I could be thinking about the anatomy of a frog and he'd know!

I could be thinking about this really stupid joke and before I even say it out loud, I'd see him smile.

If I'm right, he's also pretty good at controlling thoughts that he sees in other people's minds.

And that's how he shut my brain down. He realised that I had figured it out and chose to block it out.

Oh my gosh, Chase has superpowers!

So I guess his powers are kinda villainous?

Because mind control--