Page 46// My little Paprika

Imperfection is perfection.

Before you tell me that my brain is damaged allow me to explain my little one.

And later we can question my sanity together because there is something that just isn't right with my head.

So! Coming back to whatever the hell we had to come back to!

Let's consider that something has achieved perfection. The only logical step after this is for that thing to stop trying to be better than what it already is because there isn't anything greater to be achieved.

You've reached a point from where there's no going forward? Your destination has arrived? And I don't see the fun in that.

Imperfections are what make something special. Only if imperfections exist can we try to be better. An imperfection in a way makes something complete. An imperfection may not necessarily be a significant flaw, maybe it's just the want to do more or just be more?

The way I look at it, an imperfection is an opportunity. Perfection is an end.

So if I achieve perfection I just have to keep doing exactly what I'm doing. Or deal with constant disappointed sighs and unhappy head shakes.

Perfection leads to expectations from a long list of people for the thing, in this case me, to continue being perfect?

Which means I'll be stuck in this routine of boring perfection. Nope! There's just something about that that makes me wrinkle my nose.

So I guess only when something is trying to become the perfect version of itself, just constantly trying... That's when they're perfect? Imperfections and everything. Just a wonderful imperfect kind of perfection?

Maybe that's the only kind of perfect that exists and the rest is just stuff created to make us reach this perfection?

And Chase is now on his sixth taco. Perfect in his own weird way.

P.S. Chase you'll never manage twelve. Bwahahaha.

I want a taco.

I want twelve tacos.

Fuck I need tacos at three a.m.

Then go get tacos, idiot.

Tacos it is.

I got out of bed and pulled on a shirt. I looked over to Lacey and convinced myself that it wouldn't take very long.

And then I walked to my room and shook P awake.

"Draxy!" She groaned.

"I'm going to get tacos."

"Isn't it a little late for tacos?" She sounded annoyed.

"It's never late for tacos my little Paprika."

"Where are you going to get tacos at this time you idiot?" She sat up and crossed her arms.

She did have a point.

"May I go back to sleep now Draxy?"

"No, let's talk."

"Let me put this a little differently. Are you leaving or am I going to have to kick you out?"

"But you wanted to talk earlier?"

"I'm sleepy now."

"I can't sleep." I shrugged. "And it's time to fix this little fight we've been having. I understand why you have a crush on me, I can live with that." I smirked.

She rolled her eyes.

"Draxy, get out."

♥♥♥♥♥