Page 91// Determination To Party

After school Lock convinced Finn to come drinking with us. I didn't drink but Lock said I wouldn't have to. I just had to have some fun, after everything.

Jonny didn't want to day drink or watch Lock get drunk and embarrass himself and Mace said he was still a bit traumatized from throwing up on his own hair the last time, and didn't have the self control to come with and not drink.

Wendy and P were both still mad at me.

Finn was a lightweight but he'd have to do and Lock would make it work.

And so far he was. Finn was on his first beer and Lock was on his sixth shot of tequila. I settled on a soda that would last me just about as long as Finn's beer would last him.

I admired Lock's determination to party.

I had the journal in my hand and I watched Finn try increasingly hard to try to make sure Lock doesn't do anything stupid.

Sometimes we find shit in the most unexpected of places. Like I found Chase at a party, drowning in a kiddie pool.

Chase found me while I struggled to myself a birthday cake. Why was I buying myself a birthday cake? Because I wanted cake and the birthday kind is my favourite.

And today, I found myself thrown into a kiddie pool while Chase brought me birthday cake.

Dear reader, it's my birthday! Or rather, it was. Chase got in the pool after me, fully clothed because the idiot thought it was only fair that he get his clothes wet, since he'd done the same to me.

And we sat and devoured a whole cake, just the two of us (we saved my parents some) and it was the better than I could have ever imagined.

P.S. Gosh, I love frosting.

"Lock, no!" Finn said taking his shirt to prevent him from getting on the table.

"Lock, yes!" I said, smiling.

"Yeah, sure whatever," Finn let go of his shirt and took a swig of his beer.

"Woah, slow down, any faster and you'll finish that beer before tomorrow," I teased.

"That would be a shame," he said, chugging down the rest of the beer in one big gulp, that was a bad idea," he scrunched his face in instant regret, "I don't even like beer!" He coughed.

"So Wendy does owe me five!" I fist-pumped the air.

"No, she doesn't need this right now," he said, rubbing an eye.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you don't know?" He looked confused.

"No, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Hey, it's Wendy, come on, she's my best friend."

"I know Draxy. But she doesn't want you to know."

"Is she okay?" My heart quickened.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine, trust me, she just--she lost something and you know Wend, she loses a hair tie and she's holding back tears."

Huh.

"I think I'm going to have another beer." He looked so sure of himself.

"Sure, bud."