Page 30// Nerds

I wish there was a way to take back words once spoken. Words that changed everything. Words that were unnecessary until they spurted out.

I wish everything didn't have to be so permanent. So definite?

But I guess if words were taken back so easily the world would constantly be in this state of chaos. Unable to settle on one specific future?

Words would lose their meaning if they were taken back so easily. The magic of words lies in the fact that they can't be moved once uttered?

The difference between hearing someone's voice and reading words that had been thought over and rewritten? Because words once written can be manipulated. They can be undone. They'll still make you feel but not as much as if they were spoken.

Words only serve their true purpose if they're complete. With emotion.

In every other scenario they fail to convey the emotion they were supposed to communicate, they prove how ineffective they are.

P.S. This is what happens when Chase refuses to order pizza so I have to do it myself!

Thanks Chase!

"You? You came?" Her eyes held more than disbelief in them.

"It was a good cookie, Fate." I shrugged.

"We have a little bit of a problem here."

"And what's that?"

"Oh you know, my name's not Fate." She glared at me.

"Neither is mine and you had no problem calling me Fate. Just returning the favor here."

She shook her head. "How long have you been here?" She asked sitting next to me.

"Two hours."

"Right. And you're sitting alone by the pool?"

"I'm not alone." I smirked.

"I'd like to meet your imaginary friend then!"

"Very funny Mercury."

"So you do remember my name!"

"Of course I do, Stalker."

"Did you see the birthday girl?"

"Drax!" Said birthday girl appeared with a drink in her hand.

"There you go!" She handed it over to me.

"Thank you." I said and she sat down to my other side.

"Parties are exhausting." She shook her head.

"You look like you need this more than me."

"Thanks." She gulped the drink down and then made a weird face. "This is not alcohol. Why did you want something without alcohol? Actually don't answer that. I don't need to feel guilty about drinking on my birthday-- Now excuse me while I find myself something worth drinking. And my boyfriend." She skipped away.

"She's fascinating." I smiled.

"Aren't you heartbroken? An entire week of flirting for nothing?"

"Come on we both knew it wasn't serious." I shrugged.

"I shipped it." She sighed. "Anyways, where is your imaginary friend?"

I waved the journal in her face.

"Of course. Nerd." She rolled her eyes at me.

I laughed and plucked her glasses off her nose and placed them on mine.

"What's wrong with being a nerd?" I asked.

"They're just too perfect for their own good."

"I didn't know you thought so highly of me."

She smirked. "There's a lot you don't know Drax."

♥♥♥♥♥