Page 96// Ice cream

"You wanted to meet me?"

"You came?" I whispered. We were in an ice cream parlor. Lacey chose the place. She said it was perfect.

"Of course I came." She shook her head at me.

"I told you she'd come!" Lacey said, proud of herself.

"P, I love you."

"Cool, same, can I go now? I was on a date."

"Yeah, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said.

"Bye Draxy, Bye Lace." She said as she turned around to leave.

"You're not even going to kiss her?" Lace asked.

"Hey, I just had to tell her I love her. That was the deal."

"But she--she said she loves you too--Draxy--
I don't understand!"

"Do you wanna get some ice cream and go home?"

"No."

"Lace, P and I both know that we don't belong together. It's not good for us." We had been over this, so many times. This was the right thing to do. For both of us.

"Okay." She wasn't happy with my answer.

"I don't want ice cream." She said, disappointed.

"I do." I said as I got up to get myself a large scoops of chocolate something ice cream.

I took the ice cream back to Lacey and handed her the cone in my hand.

"I said I didn't want anything." She huffed.

"Just hold it for me then. I have some reading to do, and I don't want to drop any of that frozen goodness on my book." I said as I pulled out the journal from my jacket.

"Fine." She said, still annoyed.

Okay, I have a little bit of a confession to make. I don't know if anyone really knows this but I just feel like you deserve to know and this is oddly related to my confession I guess?

So.

Here goes!

I'm terrible at keeping secrets.

Yep, that's the confession I'm going to go with. I don't know what people still let me in on stuff that you're not supposed say out loud/make a meaningless joke about?

I mean, after all the movies, TV shows and books I've spoiled for I don't even know how many people, I don't know why they still keep trusting me.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their trust! I do! I love them for thinking of me as a trustworthy human! And I care about them from the bottom of my heart. But, it's such a repetitive, difficult process!

There's really no solution to this. Except maybe whining about it?

So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Whine.

I looked up from the journal and saw Lacey adamantly holding the cone. She hadn't even touched it.

"Are you done?"

"Uh--yeah, I guess I am." I shoved the journal back into my jacket and she held the cone out for me.

"I thought that would work." I said.

"I know."

"You may think that you've won but I'm the one with the ice cream."

"Melt-y, sticky, soft ice cream."