CHAPTER 17

Song: Chloe X Halle: Do it.

~Peace begins with a smile~
~Muhammed Ali.

SERAPHINA'S POV
"Back to school, huh, you excited?" Asher asked, taking a bite out of his chocolate croissant. Who consumes this much unhealthy food in the morning? This was one of the rare days I wished mom was around. Believe me, that chocolate would've been staining the bin instead.

"You're making it sound like I've gone on a life-long vacation."

"No offence, b...

"Don't complete whatever crap you're about to say because it'll be offensive." People will tell you 'no offence', fully aware that the next words leaving their mouth would be offensive.

"Where's Tiffany?" She's been lost lately.

"Bed." My eyes visibly widened. Bed? On a school day? This girl is sick.

"Don't you know that she has school?" I asked Asher, who was busy stuffing his mouth with food.

He shrugged and went to grab another croissant, but I slapped his hand away, and before he could react, threw the bread into the open dishwasher. Let's see how far he goes for food.

"You've consumed almost three hundred calories on spot!"

"So?" He retorted and grabbed a chocolate bar from one of the shelves. What's with this boy and early morning snacks today?

"Miss dietician. " A voice piped in.  Tiffany walked into the kitchen, all dressed. She rocked in denim and an off the shoulder long-sleeved white cropped top. She's overdressed for a student.

Tiffany's outfit

Tiffany's outfit.

"You're going to school or a beach party?" Asher asked the million-dollar question of the hour. Tiffany slung her handbag on one shoulder and walked out the door. Not so much as breathing in our direction.

"Have you seen that!" Asher yelled.

"I'm not blind you know." I rolled my eyes, putting our plates in the dishwasher.

"You ready?" Asher asked, and I nodded in response. We left together to the garage, where his car was parked.

"Severina must've been having it hard." I laughed, thinking about my twin and her mid-term. She'd been studying her ass off, and to think she claimed to be unbothered by everything.

"Yeah, Mom didn't give her a break. woman's been on her head all week." Asher chuckled.  No surprises there. Mom doesn't joke with academics, and that's secret to no one.

"Your grades slip, and your allowances will follow suit." She used to tell us back in Middle school, and this rule still stands. Severina pouncing hard on her books, therefore, left very little to the imagination.