CHAPTER 52

Celine Dion: Goodbye👆

~They played with your trust 'cause you auctioned it~
~Mina.

UNKNOWN POV
"R."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Remember, she dies tonight. "

"Noted, ma'am."

"And don't forget the rule. The head or the heart."

"Sure, ma'am."

I smirked and twirled in the comfy leather chair, watching in satisfaction as my designer skillfully decorates the masterpiece.

The marathon ends tonight, Del Varia.

SERAPHINA'S POV
The long-awaited big day has finally arrived. New York fashion week. And like the rest of the models, my heart was in my throat.

My friends had been nothing but supportive ever since I woke up, but I just can't shoo away the nervousness. I can't guarantee not having an anxiety attack on the runway.

"You're doing it again." Enrique chuckled, draping his arm over my shoulders.

"That's Phina for you. From a tender age, nail chewing is her go-to nerve-control remedy." Asher mused.

"I love how you mentioned 'young' like you were any older," Severina smirked.

"I love you, sis." I giggled, sticking my tongue out at an annoyed-looking Asher.

"Hey." A voice breathed in my ear, nearly making me fall off the barstool.
Maya chuckled and stood a reasonable distance from me, knowing I would've hit her with the nearest object I see.

"You scared me."

"That's the intention. " She started in a duh tone, hopping on a barstool.

"I swear, if any of you don't trip and fall on that runway, I'll forever live in grief. " Kabia scowled, making everyone double over.

"Why are you so mean?" Severina hiccuped, in hysterics.

" No, Seriously. Do you think I'm attending this show to have a staring contest with them walking robots? Bitch, I need drama."

I can't with this guy.

"Haven't you had enough drama already?" Maya snickered.  Kabia shook his head and took a sip from the bottle of vodka on the counter. Remind me who has alcohol for breakfast.

"I need baby drama, like petty drama. As in celebrity-inspired drama. Or maybe an e...

Thankfully Ace cut in.

"Thank you man, I think we got it."

After the incident with Hercules II, our friends decided to move in and live with us. To ensure maximum security. Severina was skeptical at first, but after much convincing on Asher's part, she reluctantly agreed. You and Severina both know I'll never plead with her.

"Aisha, dear please give the laptop a break." Malu went over and closed the device. Aisha's been working on tracing the unknown caller since yesterday, never for once having a minute of eye shut. I've told her numerous times that lack of sleep is detrimental to one's health,  but the concrete-headed hamster always brushed it off with her famous, award-winning "I know" statement.