CHAPTER 21

song: Eleven by Khalid and Summer Walker👆

~Don't just talk. Act~
~Mina

SERAPHINA'S POV

"Then, the body will start releasing ketones into the bloodstream. However, this process varies individually, depending on special, external factors such as physical activity level, metabolism and so on."

Ten more minutes. Just ten.

Time was moving at a pregnant snail's pace

I can't.

There's a carnival going on inside my head.

My stomach was speaking Pakistani.

I was slowly dying.

Food's the only remedy.

And lunch seemed miles away. Jesus.

I looked behind me and, surprise surprise, half of the class was already asleep. Not to mention Kabia's obnoxiously loud snores.

"You look like you're about to cry."
Ace chuckled.

Understatement of the century, I was on the brink of sobbing. Who includes a three-hour lesson on a university schedule? This was attempted murder in so many different ways.

"Dying is the word, Ace."

He shook his head and continued scribbling down whatever crap Mr-I-don't-care-who was blabbering. I wish I shared the same determination.

Ace was the smartest amongst us. He recorded consistent, outstanding grades throughout his academic life, and is commended by all Lecturers for his hard work. In junior year, he received the presidential award for best student of the state. I was so happy for him.

If only the rest could learn from him, but how unfortunate. They have aspirations of their own.

Miskha's on a journey to graduate with a PhD in gossip.

The Suraiya sisters, fashion.

Sophia and Bia, God knows.

Kabia, partying and seduction.

The rest of the guys, football.

I felt a nudge on my ribs and was about to tell off the person until a wrapped object occupied my vision. I gave Ace a questioning look, and he gestured towards the package.

"Take that. It's not much, but might keep you off the edge for some time."

If I pray for this boy. I smiled and thanked him, unwrapping the package. It was a beef sandwich, my favourite.  I finished the food in minutes and gulped down some water. That'll take me until lunch unless Mr-fifty-month-pregnant-gorilla decides to use the entire day for a single topic.

Ace is a saviour. My mood was a bit brighter compared to my previous gloomy one. A hungry man's indeed an angry man.

  I nearly butt planted on my way out, but thanks to Ace's quick reflexes, he steadied me before I could make contact with the floor.