CHAPTER 38

Billie Eilish ft Khalid: Lovely👆

~A true friendship is often one sourced from hatred ~
~Mina.

SERAPHINA'S POV
"But why?"

"You'll know when the time is right." She smiled, walking backwards.

"Wait, I do...

"Watch your back, Seraphina. " Darkness clouded her eyes as her voice slowly faded into the background. I reached a handout but was swiftly swept off my feet and thrown into a dark pit, my screams muffling with depth.

"Sera! Sera! SERAPHINA!!!" I leapt up with a hand secured on my palpitating heart. I looked around me and saw Severina standing by my bed with a tight scowl on.

"Oh, she's up." Miskha walked in with a bucket of water filled to the brim. I stared at them in confusion, oblivious to the scene unfolding around me.

"Has she bathed?" Severina only rolled her eyes at Miskha's question.

"I guess not. Well, there you go. You don't have to stress over showering anymore." Before her words could register in my mind, I got drenched in ice-cold water from head to toe.

"What is wrong with you?!" 

Miskha's unbelievable.

"What a masterpiece. Cuteness overloaded." The bitch gushed. Severina leant against my closet, laughing her ass off.

"You, you." I was at a total loss for words.

"Amazing friend? So are you. Now get up, Ecology is in an hour."  And so what?

"What will it cost you to go alone?"

"Everything. I haven't touched a single page in that Atlas of a text, so all hope lies on you."

"You're sick. You could always rely on Kabia." I scoffed, getting up from the soaked bed. Miskha silently stared at me like I've grown two heads.

"Kabia of all people, Seriously?" Severina laughed.

"What? isn't he offering Ecology?"

"Dude doesn't even know the date for the paper." Miskha sighed.

"That is Kabia for you," Severina smirked.

With time being was against me, I threw on a pair of white, high-waisted Armani skinny Jeans, accompanied with a black, long-sleeved cropped turtleneck. For the finishing touches, I went with black vans and a high ponytail.

"Your outfit depicts today's mood perfectly." I looked at my reflection in the mirror and back at Miskha, bemused.

"You wore almost all black and would be seating Ecology today," Severina explained, but I was still clueless.

"Oh my, Seraphina Katara Del Varia what does black represent?" Miskha exclaimed.

"Oh." I giggled as realisation dawned on me.

"You're making it sound like it's a difficult course." Honestly, Ecology wasn't hard. It's just too much reading.

"You're promising me a hundred per cent then, yeah?" Her lips stretched into a sheepish grin. She must be daydreaming. Here I was, having a mental debate on which section to begin my guessing game at and she's talking about a hundred per cent.

"Pray you get a twenty, Miskha." Severina snorted.

Miskha eyed her with distaste. "Evil."

"Just saying."