CHAPTER 43

Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth: See you again👆

~If everyone loves you, then a reality check is recommended ~
~Mina.

SERAPHINA'S POV
It's been a week since Sophia's demise. A week of sorrow and mourning. The campus had been engulfed in death stillness, not even the early morning Robins could be heard chirping. The brunette's death scarred everyone's heart, leaving unhealed wounds in its wake.

I smoothed out my tie-waist, midi slip dress in front of the mirror, and slipped on my black toe-out stilettos.

"Sis, we're set." Tiffany popped her head through the creak in the door.

"Okay, I'll be out in a sec." I inhaled deeply and mentally prepared myself with some daily affirmations before meeting my family outside. David already had the back door of the limousine opened for me.

"Good morning David and thank you." He acknowledged my greeting with a genuine smile and closed the door after I settled inside.

My siblings were already seated, so were my parents, who sat next to each other on the opposite seat. Severina had her head leant against the window shield, while Asher was engaged with his phone. I was about to scroll through Instagram feeds until mom spoke.

"You look weak lately."

"Huh." I lifted my head but realised she was talking to Tiffany, who rolled her eyes in annoyance. I haven't noticed any physical change in Tiffany contrary to mom's insinuations, but then again, we haven't been together for almost two weeks.

"I'm talking to you, Tiffa...

" Oh my God, can you please stop? I'm perfectly alright if you must know." She rudely snapped, redirecting dad's sharp gaze to her. He doesn't take disrespect lightly, especially when it involves mom.

"I think it's normal for a mother to question her child's wellbeing." Dad's tone left no room for argument.

"Tiffany, be quiet." I quietly warned. She pursed her lips but remained silent nonetheless.

"Have you taken your vitamins?"
Provo-fucking-cation. Tiffany bit her lips and clenched her jaw.

"Tiffany, your mother is talking to you!"

"I'm not deaf, and yes mother dearest, I've drunk my vitamins. Did I drink my protein shake? Yes. Have I done my early morning jog? Yes. Did I exfoliate today? Yes. You're welcome."

I painfully swallowed the threads of laugher threatening to spurt out and instead focused on the view outside.

We reached the cathedral of Saint John's the divine in no time, and needless to say, we were attacked by paparazzi.

"Seraphina over here, Seraphina!" Jesus. David held my back and protectively drew me closer to him as we marched inside. My siblings were facing the same thing, Asher especially. He's owned the spotlight for as long as I could remember.

One intercepted me at the entrance and shoved a microphone in my face.

"Seraphina! we heard your brother impregnated Sophia. What do you have to say on that?" Again, the lies. I don't know how dense one could get.