56

Chapter fifty six

Harry

Being on the road is something I've always dreamed about but never thought it could be this exhausting.

We have just started with the European leg of the tour and we have 55 shows left, which is an excessive amount and a big number to look up to. This tour consists of 79 shows in total so we haven't done half and we have a long way to finish.

The two months break flew by and at the end of this month, we will have been without Zayn for three months. I don't know how time has escaped us and we've done a lot in terms of writing and shooting music videos but most of the rest preparations are set in the US so we'll have a lot of work when we arrive there as well.

This year's tour ends in the UK which is completely opposite to the ones we have done before so we'll have some rest home before we go back to promote the fifth album.

We are supposed to renew a contract by the end of the year, as the one we currently have would be finalized with the last album. The guys and I usually talk about this privately, without the involvement of management before the official meeting, so we know what we can demand and show a united front.

Losing a voice like Zayn's has taken a toll on all of us because we have to take on more work as we did before and reaching his range is almost impossible. We have divided the solos equally but I usually get the hardest ones.

I don't like to complain so I simply nod and take whatever my part is in order to avoid conflict and move on without any complications.

I haven't seen Zara in a week and I'm already driving myself insane.

Funny enough, I thought she'd be the one with the separation issues and I couldn't have been more wrong. She was excited for me, she looked so happy that I was back on the road and she admitted she would miss me but not in a sorrowful sort of way. More into an ''I'm excited for the next time I get to see you'' way.

She was completely fine, I was the one to almost shed a tear or two. I've grown used to her and without me noticing, the end of my break was due and I was on a plane to follow up the tour.

I usually enjoy my time on the road but it gets exhausting and we haven't stopped doing this for five years. I miss my parents, I miss my girlfriend, I even miss my sister and I miss having time to waste and do nothing.

I want to go on a long vacation, get drunk and do shit with Zara, simply be with her and enjoy her company in peace but I get the feeling this won't be happening for a long time.

I haven't talked to her since this morning when I woke up. From what she told me her day was filled with a lot of commitments to attend. On top of recording, having meetings, doing photoshoots, and everything, she has therapy and intensive training workout sessions.

She must be home already so I sent her a message to see how she's doing after today and letting her know I'll be by the hotel in a few so maybe we can facetime for a while.

We are doing soundcheck at the venue, getting ready for tomorrow's shows, and figuring out last-minute details so there's not much to do around here.

''Harry, are you coming?'' I nod at Niall and I follow him down the stage to the background where the rest of the boys are waiting in the lounge.

''Are you okay, man?'' Liam asks as I rest on the couch and I let out a big sigh, shaking my head. ''What's wrong?''

''My throat feels a little sore from the first couple of shows, that's all.'' I tend to exceed myself when we come back to the stage, and I don't do it on purpose but then my throat stays sore and raspy for at least a week in which I can't rest it because we have shows.