69

Chapter sixty nine

Zara

I had forgotten how exhausting it is to be ''famous''.

For the past six months, I have been MIA, hidden, incognito, laying low, or whatever it is that you want to name it. I have rarely been seen in public, other than a fan picture when I take my morning jogs in London, no one has seen me. I rarely even post on Instagram either.

It's a bit funny that being seen is part of my job, a big one, and I have been avoiding it for the longest time since I started doing this, more than five years ago.

This changes today. I have an award show in Los Angeles. I will meet with my friends, we'll dance a little bit, enjoy the show as my secret boyfriend performs with my friends and then I get to go home with him; which I won't lie, it's the part I'm looking forward to the most.

I got offered to sing, as I am not nominated tonight but I am taking only one step at a time so I declined but I'm looking forward to coming back to the stage, I miss it.

I've been meaning to start production on the new album, I have most of it set so we can begin recordings, do it quickly so it can go to post-production and then we talk about release dates, singles, and all that sort of stuff.

It hasn't been the easiest part of my life to deal with, mostly because I have Harry to think of as well. He is finally taking a break from everything and as much as I, myself, yearn to go back to actual work, concerts, and touring, I have to be mindful of him too.

It's probably not the smartest thing to do, to push back my life and my work because of my boyfriend, but he doesn't need to know and if he asks I'll make an excuse.

We haven't had enough time to spend it together since we started dating, a week of quality time with Harry is not enough, and I want to focus on our relationship now that we are given a chance to properly be together.

I simply want to be with him, and thankfully my job offers me schedules in which I can do that. I am lucky enough to be my own boss and make my own decisions, manage my time and projects on my own, but I can't be hiding forever.

Not doing anything for long periods of time drives me insane, and Harry knows that so for the next few months I have my schedule carefully sorted out with small projects that only require me to work a few hours a day. That way I don't go crazy, I do something for myself and I get to be with my boyfriend as much as I want.

Harry has no idea what he'll be doing right after his contract ends, which is a wonderful thing, so he will get to relax and have time off, he deserves it more than anyone.

We haven't seen each other in the longest time, it's been ten days but I have been missing him like crazy. He had to fly to New York and then LA for a bunch of final performances and small shows. He's shooting with James Corden in a few days, so he is very excited about that.

Now I'm sitting in the makeup chair, very still so I don't move because they are doing the finishing touches on my hair so I can finally leave and walk down the red carpet, and finally see Harry.

''Cass, can you hand me my phone, please babe?'' I ask her and he looks up from her tablet, instantly standing up and placing it in my hands. ''Thank you.''

''Harry's been texting you nonstop...'' She smirks and I feel my cheeks getting warm at her teasing but I'm quick to unlock it.

''Well, he'll have to wait...did you get me what I asked you?'' Cassie nods and shows me the ring Harry gave to me so I can place it on my finger. ''Thanks...hey, Cass?''