09

(a/n: italic means flashback; be sure to read chapter eight before this one)

Chapter nine

Zara

After two more hours, everything's fine and Harry hasn't pushed for conversation, instead, he remains close to me, grabbing my hand from time to time to help me calm down. As soothing as his touch is, it also makes me jolt up in my seat, so much that I've yelped in surprise more than three times and the rest of the table looks at me confused.

At this point, everyone must think I'm crazy, and deep down I am, at least a little bit Harry knows how to keep me grounded, without even talking and that's something I'll be forever grateful for.

In the end, Louis ended up with his sisters up on the small stage and it was much more meaningful than something I could ever do and their mum got so emotional, she cried and everything worked out in the end.

Everyone's immersed in another conversation while I look down at my lap. I'm wearing a thong so I wouldn't get any seamless marks but it's giving me a bit of a wedgie, so I'm a little uncomfortable moving on my seat.

''Are you alright?'' Harry's deep voice is enough to startle me and I squeeze his hand absentmindedly. ''Hey, it's fine. Do you need me to get you anything?''

My underwear out of my buttcrack.

''Um, no. I'm alright.'' I say while I feel my cheeks reddening at my thought. I can only imagine the laugh he'd let out if I even say anything before a cheeky comment. I sigh, feeling a bit nostalgic but as great as we are getting along now, we should talk but at the same time, I shouldn't even be around him.

''Zee, I need to say something to you. If it's alright with you?'' He offers and I nod mindlessly, turning to him and ignoring the gut feeling I have. This can't be any good.

''Sure, what is it?'' I ask and my heart starts thumping rapidly inside my chest but he seems to notice from the grip on my hand, which he responds with a soft stroke to the back of it with his thumb.

''Are you sure it's fine for you to go on tour in a few weeks? Because I'm worried about you.'' He explains and I sigh at the question.

''Yeah, I'll have to talk it through with my therapist but as far as I am concerned I'm still going. It helps me pull out from that anxious feeling I've been sensing lately. Not working, or barely working it's making me feel a bit useless and you know I can't do nothing for long periods of time, I'm gonna go insane...even more insane.'' I whisper those last words but he's listening to me carefully.

''You are not insane, love.'' He smiles while looking at our intertwined hands resting on top of his knee and I smile a little as well but he doesn't see me. ''I just want to be sure that you'll be okay. You tend to go overboard with work stuff and immerse in it so you feel better about yourself when there's still something else that you haven't let out. I want you to take care of yourself.'' He has his eyes nailed in our hands but he sounds very sincere about it.

''It's fine, I promise. Courtney has everything handled and Cassie's gonna be there as well. I have a very good team right now and I know I can do this.'' This time he looks up and I get lost in the green of his eyes.

''You know you don't have to prove this to anyone, right? You can still do music and don't perform if it's too much pressure.'' I can see in his eyes how worried he looks and I can't help but stare back in awe.