Jungkook: Keeping A Secret

Requested by an anonymous user :)

"Influenza is a viral infection that attacks your respiratory system -- your nose, throat and lungs," announced Namjoon to his six fellow members. "And beware, because now it's the flu season here in Korea, you have to stay safe, and that's why, we're going for vaccination."

Jungkook mentally rolled his eyes as Namjoon continued his long speech about influenza. How in the world would any kind of vaccination work for any kind of sickness when you have already developed the symptoms? "...most common symptoms include fevers, aching muscles, and headaches," ranted Namjoon, glancing at their youngest member. "Jungkook, are you even listening?"

"Mhm," Jungkook barely mumbled. Speaking of which, his muscles were aching again, and he was feeling so drowsy, he could barely stay awake. And, his eyes were in pain, sort of aching, but not the way like his muscles. Ah, too much symptoms to describe. He let out a dry and persistent cough, but not loud enough for the others to hear him.

Jungkook grumbled, wiping sweat off his forehead for the sixth time in a row. It wasn't like he didn't know what kind of obvious symptoms he had -- and what kind of sicknesses they could only represent. Duh, he wasn't stupid, but he had read in articles that influenza could be treated easily just by staying at home and taking medication. He made a mental note to take the medicine he had bought from the pharmacy earlier, disguised as someone else.

Of course, another thing which made Jungkook pretend that he was all right and was still the strong boy he was. Too much pressure, and a lot of ARMYs cheering on him, more stress. If he was caught as the worldwide famous golden maknae of BTS in there, god, first of all he would be completely surrounded by ARMYs. Secondly, he would probably receive a huge scolding and worst case scenario, he might be fired because he did so in secret.

Fortunately, none of those happened.

Jungkook shivered and sighed. Another of those chills. He would go all sweaty suddenly, but then the next minute, before he knew it, he would feel like living in Antarctica. He huffed as he huddled towards Jimin, but careful so as to not allow the older to know about the 'secret'.

"There we go, now go and sleep or do whatever you want, kids," sighed Seokjin as he shooed the others off. "Yay!" cheered Hoseok brightly. "I'm playing Overwatch, Jungkookie-ah, wanna join?" Jungkook, much to his hyungs' surprise, shook his head. "I'm tired, no thanks, hyung." Taehyung shrugged. "Not that I mind. Go and rest, bye." Jungkook waved weakly and hurried upstairs.

He rummaged through his big black bag and fished out the small bag of medicine, which was claimed to be perfect for treating influenza according to the owner of the pharmacy. He bit his lip as he glanced at what he found out. Pills. Something that he had a hard time swallowing. As a child, Jungkook had always been taking liquid medicine, and no sir, he wasn't exactly content with pills.

"GUYS! COME DOWN RIGHT NOW! TXT IS STREAMING THEIR NEW MV!" screamed a voice, which Jungkook recognized to be Taehyung's, the member who was most enthusiastic when it came to watching shows and performances of their TXT dongsaengs. Maybe, just maybe, that was an excuse for those pills, Jungkook thought to himself.

He hopped downstairs and found all his hyungs crowded around a laptop, and on its screen showed the younger group of their company, Tomorrow X Together, streaming their MV. "It looks awesome!" complimented Yoongi lazily, lying on the couch while watching. "It's great," grinned Taehyung.

Jungkook sniffled as he plopped down next to Yoongi on the couch, fighting his humongous headache, no, migraine. Yep, it had completely transferred to a migraine currently, and it didn't seem like there was any kind of way to reduce it. Not that he could just grab the painkillers from the middle shelf without anyone asking him what the heck he was attempting.