Maknae Line: Concert and Comeback Troubles (Part 1)

Requested by @rhecalma :)

(A/N Sorry this took a while)

Jungkook has asthma, Taehyung has breathing problems, and Jimin has heart disease.

Yes, the maknae line of BTS is, well- very unhealthy. That's why Jungkook enjoys going to the gym to build up his body and immune system. The three are getting stronger day by day, as Jungkook often drags the other two with him to exercise.

They're trying their best to keep up, especially because they're having a comeback and a concert. It's a lot for them, but at least they're grateful for that they're having the concert in Seoul, which means they don't have to fly somewhere else to do so. They're practicing extra hard like everyone else.

Nobody except their manager Sejin knows about their conditions. First of all, they don't want their hyungs to worry. Secondly, their hyungs might want them kicked out of the group and be replaced. It's a big deal to be in a worldwide famous boyband. They don't want to be kicked out.

Speaking of which, Jungkook was panting and coughing hard again. Fortunately, only Taehyung and Jimin were with him in the dance studio practicing. Taehyung grabbed the maknae's inhaler and gave it to him, he himself beginning to struggle with his breathing too. Jimin was dealing with his chest pain.

Another time when they had to call Sejin for help.

When Sejin rushed over, he found them all lying on the floor, close to passing out. "Gosh, you guys," he gasped, handing Taehyung his nebulizer and running over towards Jimin, who was holding his chest in pain. "You all are fine now, right?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, kinda," mumbled Taehyung weakly. "Mm," whined Jungkook as he choked and coughed rapidly. Sejin went over to him, sitting him up and patting his back gently. "Well, well, well, so do I need to call the medics?"

The three shook their heads immediately. "Not the medics! They might tell our hyungs," spoke Jimin softly, looking down a little. "Yeah," nodded Taehyung in agreement. Jungkook whimpered as he broke into yet another coughing fit. "I know you guys are stressed," sighed Sejin, "though I can't give you a break..."

"We know," interrupted Jungkook as he wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "you don't have to. It delays the whole thing. The comeback and concert is really important. We can't just ruin it by having way too many holidays."

"Seriously," muttered Sejin to himself but gave in anyways as he walked away. "Take care of yourselves. You know PD-nim barely let you debut as idols with those unhealthy bodies." The maknae line hung their heads guiltily.

"So are we going to practice more?" asked Taehyung, breaking the silence. "Mhm," replied Jimin, "I think we all need improvement in that part." The others nodded in agreement.

Then it was practice, practice, and more practice. Oh, and don't forget the hyperventilating that happened to all three of them afterwards...

***

~The next day~

Jimin's POV:

We're doomed.

A comeback and a concert. Who even does that? That's like, shoving two of Namjoon hyung-cooked pancakes in your mouth, which means you're, well- doomed.

Exactly what I said. We have to practice, practice, and practice. Why? Well, the reason is, Taehyung just can't reach that high note, I am struggling with my dance which I want to make it perfect. Jungkook's doing great, in fact, that's why he's called the golden maknae, but he's not very satisfied with his performance.

That's why we've been practicing a lot since then, more than our hyungs. I feel pain in my chest once again and I try my best to hold it in because we're having dinner together as seven. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them slowly again as Jungkook and Taehyung glance at me worriedly.

We're so doomed.

End of POV

***

Taehyung sniffled as he struggled to breath properly. Grabbing his nebulizer, he breathed in and out in a slow pace, his breathing returning back to normal. He was currently in his room at 3 am, tossing and turning in bed, not being able to sleep. He was still trying to breath properly, and on top of all that, he had a little bit of insomnia.

He was worrying again, mostly about that high note he still couldn't reach. His vocal teacher offered to lower the notes of the song for him, but he declined. He wanted to sing high notes like the rest of the vocal line did. He adored Jungkook's angelic voice, Jimin's honey sweet tone, and Seokjin's unique voice.

He envied how they could reach high notes so easily. He grunted, feeling annoyed that he still couldn't fall asleep. He gasped for air once again as his breathing slowed down. Perhaps he shouldn't have debuted as an idol if he had breathing problems.

He whimpered as he turned pale and choked on basically nothing, falling asleep with mixed feelings.

He knew the others were feeling the same, too: Troubled, worried, and sick.

To be continued...