Hoseok: Peanut Butter Allergy

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Hobi, happy birthday to you!" cheered Bangtan (except Hoseok). The long Vlive had ended, and now it was only Hoseok and the members to celebrate.

"Thank you guys," smiled Hoseok happily.

"We got a huge sandwich for you which Rapmon hyungie picked, we thought that you might want something different than a birthday cake," said Jungkook. Hoseok took a big bite of the sandwich and froze as he spat it out.

"Who. Got. Me. Peanut. Butter."

Everyone knew that Hoseok was allergic to peanut butter. They all turned to Namjoon. "Is there peanut butter?" yelped Namjoon. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, Hobi! I didn't know!"

Hoseok took a deep breath. "When I was four, I licked a drop of peanut butter and had rashes for a week." The others widened their eyes. "A whole week?" screamed Taehyung who had completely freaked out. "You literally took a big bite of it! Do you need to go to the hospital?"

Hoseok closed his eyes, then opened them again, as if he was very distressed (he really was).

"Give me that medicine in the cupboard," he said with a calm expression. Seokjin went to grab it and everyone looked at him worriedly. Hoseok was never this calm. Something was very wrong.

***

~Half an hour later~

"The rashes are starting to come," whimpered Hoseok, who was lying down on his bed. "But you had the medicine," stated Jimin. "It only helps improve the condition of the rashes. I never expected I had to use it."

"Do you need a break? Like a week more of holiday?" asked Yoongi.

Hoseok nodded. "Maybe a month. Hopefully, the rashes will get better by then." The others gasped. They had a comeback in front of them and they couldn't take a month of holiday. Jungkook was about to point this out but Taehyung stopped him.

"Hobi hyung, I'm so sorry," apologized Namjoon sincerely as he bowed towards Hoseok, "I didn't read the ingredients label carefully, so I didn't know there was peanut butter in it."

Hoseok smiled weakly. "It's okay, thanks for planning me a birthday party." Calm Hoseok never looked normal. He looked at his arms and legs, and red rashes were appearing. "It's itchy," whined Hoseok.

"Aww Hobi," cooed Seokjin, "don't scratch. It'll make things worse."

"Get some sleep," said Yoongi

"Get some sleep," said Yoongi. "I'll stay here for a while."

"Thanks hyung."

***

The rashes were horrible. At the second week, Hoseok was covered in red rashes, but the others couldn't do anything about it.

He did his best to resist scratching, but he spent the days crying and whimpering because the rashes often hurt too.

Namjoon, oh Namjoon, he wrote at least twenty apology letters and thirty get-well-soon cards during the whole month.

Thankfully, Hoseok recovered at the end of the month and they could continue their practice and vocal lessons.

"Rash, rash, go away. Hobi wants to come and play!"

Okay, that was a pretty weird ending, but I'm excited because me and my friend are doing a project on a famous person. I really wanted to do it on Mr. Jeon Jungkook and my friend actually went with it even though she wasn't an ARMY :)

Stay safe,

BTSFANJENDEUK