Jimin: Prank Gone Wrong

Requested by @rhecalma :)

"Pranking ARMY?" gasped Jungkook.

"I mean, that's a pretty new and fun idea, isn't it?" shrugged their manager, Sejin. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Well, then let's go with it," whooped Taehyung with joy. "We'll have to think how the prank's gotta work though. It should be hilarious but harmless. And not offensive either."

"Er, but guys?" Jimin voiced out. "Yes, Jimin?" said Namjoon. "I'm just worried whether some fans will leave the fandom because recently- you know what? It's okay. I- I wasn't about to say anything," chuckled Jimin nervously. "Alright then," grinned Hoseok, deciding what Jimin was about to say wasn't anything important. "Let's get this!"

Deep inside, however, Jimin was actually about to refer to all those hate comments seen around on their social media accounts. Whether it was Twitter, YouTube, or Instagram, he could see a lot of hate on him.

Mostly him.

Of course, usually there were things like this, and Jimin wasn't too affected by hate, as they had been idols for more than eight years. But this was a whole ton of hate and death threats. People threatening to kill him and his family. Before, only a few of these appeared, and because Sejin knew about Jimin's self-criticism, he could always manage to use some way to hide them.

Not this time, though. It was unusually weird how all this hate was suddenly appearing a lot everywhere. Jimin was really scared that ARMY would be even more furious because of the prank and really do something bad to them.

He didn't want anyone to get hurt.

But since the rest of the members didn't seem to notice the large amount of hate (which didn't usually appear that much) and were very enthusiastic about the idea, he didn't think it was really necessary to point it out that it might be quite dangerous.

After all, how could such a harmless prank go wrong?

***

Jimin's POV:

Okay, so they've decided the prank.

So apparently, we're going to pretend to be ghosts, turn on Vlive, and scare ARMY? And especially at night? That does sound weird, but the others are pretty sure that it's going to be a success and that we aren't going to lose any fans.

Well, I hope so.

It's all Jungkook and Taehyung's ideas, mostly because they have the craziest and most creative ideas. But the hate really is getting to me. Sometimes I feel tears come to my eyes when I see those. We've put all our effort in everything. Did we not do good enough? I often question myself.

I see myself getting stabbed or getting shot. Or worse, I drop to the ground, lose too much blood-

And die.

No, no, no, Park Jimin, that is not possible! You already have the best bodyguards, you have a great manager, and best of all, you have the best bandmates who are like your brothers. They will protect you.

I freeze as I hear footsteps near me.

I tell myself that it's probably only my imagination.

I close my eyes for a quick second and open them again. I can hear more footsteps. I can tell that this isn't some weird ringing inside my head. Maybe it's one of the members? Maybe it's Jin hyung coming to tell me that dinner is ready. Or maybe it's just Jungkookie demanding for cuddles. Or Tae, who wants me to play with him.

There can be a lot more possibilities. Not the one you think.

I don't think I'm convinced by my brain though.