Jungkook: Pneumonia (Part 1)

⚠Blood

Harsh coughing came from Jungkook's room. Everyone sighed. They all knew it was Jungkook.

The maknae had been coughing a lot recently, and nobody really knew why. Jungkook reassured them by saying that his throat itched, but everyone knew that he was lying. Surely, something was up.

Jungkook came down and sat down on the couch. Seokjin looked at him worriedly. "Kookie, are you sure that you're fine? You've been coughing a lot today." Jungkook replied, "I'm good, hyungie."

"Alright," said Seokjin. Then Jungkook began coughing again. "Excuse me," he mumbled. He grabbed a tissue and continued coughing in it. When he looked at the tissue, he stared as if he felt scared and quickly threw the tissue in a bin.

"Is there something wrong, Kook?" asked Seokjin. He'd been observing, and he too, knew that something was wrong. "Nothing's wrong, hyungie," he huffed, "please stop worrying." After that, he turned on the TV and started watching.

Jeon Jungkook had never been that terrified in his life. From roller coasters to haunted houses and horror movies, those were nothing to him, really. He wasn't afraid of seeing blood and never minded to clean up vomit.

His mind was blank as he stared at the TV screen. What did he just see in that very piece of tissue? It wasn't fake, no, definitely not a nightmare. After all, he'd tried pinching himself, and that old trick never failed.

It was blood he coughed.

More coughing sounds erupted from Jungkook's room. He started to feel a fever and was still coughing out greenish mucus, and again, he saw that streak of red come out. He took a deep breath and hurled the piece of tissue into the bin. He felt his forehead, which seemed to be burning up.

"Hey, worldwide handsome hyung, was that Jungkook coughing just now?" asked Hoseok downstairs. Seokjin nodded. "I'm really worried about him. Just now he was coughing into a tissue, and then he looked scared for a second, then he just threw it away as if nothing happened."

"I've got an idea. We could check that piece of tissue, wearing sanitary gloves of course," suggested Namjoon, who came into the room. Eventually, everyone but Jungkook came downstairs, and they all agreed.

***

"38.5," muttered Jungkook under his breath, "what's going on?" He coughed harshly again, and more mucus appeared. Suddenly, he felt as if his oxygen had been shortened, and his breathing wasn't as normal.

He tried closing his eyes, but when he opened them, the world was spinning around him. He finally decided to stop being stubborn and go ask his hyungs for help. He stumbled down the stairs, and his hyungs greeted him with worry in their eyes.

"Jungkook, I want you to tell me the truth. What's happening? What's in that piece of tissue?" asked Yoongi seriously.

"That... in that piece of tissue... was blood."

Then he fainted.

To be continued...