Jimin: Heart Disease

Requested by rhecalma :)

~One year ago~

Seokjin, Yoongi, and Jimin were practicing in the dance studio. More like Jimin was helping the two practice. They still needed some practice on their dances and Jimin was glad to help.

Jimin was demonstrating the move Yoongi couldn't quite get the hang of when he felt a sudden pain in his chest. "C-can we stop for a moment?" asked Jimin, feeling quite out of breath. Seokjin noticed the younger's uneasiness and inquired worriedly, "Is there something wrong, Chim?"

"It's just that..." Jimin hesitated, but decided to be honest. "I have a pain in my chest, and I can't seem to breathe properly," he admitted. Yoongi raised his eyebrows. "Well, I think that there's a need for you to go to the hospital for a check-up." Jimin nodded. It was better to know if there was something wrong.

There was, and it was heart disease.

~One year later (September 22nd)~

Jimin never told anybody else except Seokjin and Yoongi about his heart disease. To be honest, he had thought about that, but firstly, he was afraid of them calling him an 'old grandpa' as he had this disease at a young age. Secondly, Jimin didn't want a lot of people to worry and fuss over him.

Seokjin and Yoongi tried to convince Jimin to confess about it, but Jimin refused every time. They had no choice but to allow Jimin keep it a secret.

They were having another comeback, and it involved a lot of difficult dancing (let's just say it did). Jimin and Hoseok, being the two best dancers in the group, were in a lot of pressure. They didn't want to do bad at all.

Both of them would usually go to dance studio and practice till late night. Jimin never ever forgot to take his heart disease medicine. He was aware that if he didn't, he would have some symptoms, causing Hoseok to find out about his secret.

On one day, Jungkook fell sick. It had absolutely nothing to deal with Hoseok, but the youngest insist that the sunshine stay with him. Hoseok couldn't help but give in to Jungkook's whines and pouts. Therefore, he stayed home.

There was also a reason Hoseok had to stay. Seokjin, Yoongi, and Namjoon were out in the countryside. They wanted to take a little break, so they went outside for some fresh air. Hoseok was the oldest one left, that was why.

Jimin knew what happened and decided to head to practice dancing on his own. Usually, Seokjin or Yoongi would remind him about taking his medicine, or he would be scared about Hoseok finding out. Now the oldest two weren't here, and Hoseok was staying home, he completely forgot about it.

***

Jimin was always enthusiastic about dancing. He still was. He smiled as he started moving his arms and legs and danced to the music. He kept dancing, he didn't know that it was getting really late. It was around 3 am currently.

Meanwhile back at the Bangtan dorm, the three had returned long ago and when Seokjin asked where Jimin went, Taehyung replied that he had gone to dance practice.

Seokjin was worried about Jimin. It was late and anyways it wasn't good to his sickness. He decided to go to the dance studio and pick up Jimin after a couple hours of waiting. His car was repairing and the other members were selling their cars except for Hoseok (ooh what a coincidence), but Hoseok was busy with Jungkook, so he had to walk there.

"Jimin? It's getting late, that's not good for your health, and have you taken your medicine?" Seokjin asked as he entered.

Jimin's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, I forgot to take my medicine!" Seokjin's heart missed a beat. Jimin had been dancing late night, and now he forgot his medicine. Jimin started coughing. "I- I can't breathe."