Namjoon: Overworked

So... this might be the LAST chapter 🥺🥺😭😭. I'm not exactly sure yet because I might've missed out some requests, but if I did, then please comment them here. Anyways... if you now go and have a look at my profile, the long-waited surprise is there -- a new book! It's just like a sickfic, except that it's actually a story.

Check it out if you're interested :) It's also BTS-related, so yeah. I'll do a final farewell chapter after this anyways (not a fic, just a short A/N), so if it's really confirmed that this IS the last chapter, then see you in my other book~

BTW, I wish Namgijin a speedy recovery (no idea what that ship name was). It was so shocking to find out about their news of being tested positive. And I literally just published my new book (about them having the virus and all that) so like 🥺😭😭, but I'm sure they'll stay strong <3

.

.

.

.

.

He was tired.

So tired he didn't feel like he could lift his leg up. So exhausted to the point it was unexplainable. What was more -- having had to carry the leader title on his shoulders at almost all times, all Namjoon wanted for was just a break. But he knew he couldn't. They couldn't. Not when all of them were fighting hard just for a living. He couldn't possibly let them down.

Under the thick layers of bravery and pretend he had put on him, he was just fragile Kim Namjoon underneath, with fatigue taking over his weak body. Interviews, performances, comebacks, and so on. They all piled onto him, like heavy stones that he couldn't lift up, until he was almost completely covered with them. His burdens. Those were his burdens that the others couldn't understand unless they were him. Unless they were the leaders themselves.

For example, today.

Namjoon couldn't count the times he marked his already full calendar with more and more things: there would be two interviews, a performance show, and a photo shooting for the teasers of their newest comeback for this tiring day. Oh- and they had to film yet another episode of Run BTS. He had no time to rest, or even have a proper meal. If he was lucky enough to finish all three meals in one day without rushing to work on something or hurry to dance practice, he would have a plain sandwich: he just didn't feel like eating when he still hadn't gotten his work done.

To be honest, it wasn't much of his fault. There was just too much work to finish. At five o'clock sharp in the morning, Namjoon woke up to his alarm clock that was basically screaming into his ears. Groaning loudly, he shut it off as he stretched his sore muscles (from yesterday's long dance practice that they fortunately didn't have today) and got up, changing into a casual outfit. As he went downstairs, Namjoon noticed that he was the only one, which was great, as he had always been hoping for some silence and peace.

However, this didn't last long. Soon, the rest of the members came down the stairs and began chattering about today's activities of practicing and having interviews. Namjoon grumbled loudly, not wanting to hear about work anymore. Suddenly, he heard a notification sound from his phone and so he picked it up.

Manager-nim: Hello Namjoon, I'm informing you that one of today's interviews will be cancelled due to some reasons.

Namjoon: That's great!! Thank you so much.

Wow. Namjoon felt so ecstatic for once. They would probably have time to rest -- maybe a movie night? He couldn't remember the last time they had that. But then, another 'ding' sound rang from his phone.

Manager-nim: Therefore, dance practice will be resumed.

Namjoon felt his heart sink -- no, no, it wasn't supposed to be like that, he told himself frantically. Where had his passion gone? He quickly typed in his reply.

Namjoon: Okay, thank you.

His excitement had clearly disappeared. No one knew how long they had to be in dance practice for, and till now, all he carried was a heavy heart and a tired soul.

But he had to go. Dragging his exhausted feet along, he told his members about the new arrangement, and so they started off.

***

The interview and photo shooting had passed. It had already taken up four hours, and after lunch (which Namjoon had skipped as he had to work on some songs), they were here at dance practice.

One thing Namjoon hated most about dance was how the instructor practically forced them to stretch as far as they could. He wasn't so flexible himself, so it often tired him out easily. Besides, the dance line (Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook) mastered the dance moves so perfectly in such a short period of time, Namjoon felt like he wasn't keeping up enough. Instead, he seemed to be slowing everyone else down.

Sure, the three best dancers were more than willing to help him with his dancing, but sometimes, he felt like he was depending on the others a little too much.

"Ugh, this is so tiring," Namjoon mumbled under his breath. "Joon-ah, you want to go over the dance move again? You're still a little bit stiff on that part," Hoseok approached him. "Sure," Namjoon gave a faint smile. "Let's go."

"So you're supposed to twist the arm on this spot and..."

As Namjoon followed Hoseok's instructions (he tried to, but it was so hard), he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his ankle as he fell to the floor. "Namjoon!" Seokjin cried worriedly. "Ow!" The leader whined, struggling to stand up. "Hey, hey, sit down, let me have a look," Hoseok knelt down beside Namjoon and inspected his ankle closely. "Hmm... I think you've sprained your ankle, we better go back home."

"No!" Namjoon cried, tears springing out of the corner of his eyes unexpectedly. "Joonie..." Seokjin ruffled his hair gently. "You're hurt, you can't even continue working, please listen to us." Namjoon sniffled, still trying to get up. "Then how am I going to perfect the comeback?" He mumbled, visibly upset.

"Namjoon-ah, look at me," Yoongi spoke. Said member lifted his head up and gazed into the older one's eyes. "Nobody is ever perfect, okay? We all make mistakes. I'll tell manager-nim to cancel all our upcoming activities for these two days. It's not a problem, okay?" Namjoon hesitated as he looked down at the floor.

"Namjoonie, aigoo, it's going to be fine~"  Seokjin cooed. Namjoon blushed, not really liking the fact that his hyungs were babying him. "C'mon, let's take a day of rest and- maybe we could watch a movie? I remember you like the Disney ones, Joonie," added Hoseok.

A shade of deep crimson spread across Namjoon's cheeks. "Okay," he murmured. "But only if we get to watch my favorite one..."

"You mean the- the- um, Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings?" Seokjin said. Namjoon nodded immediately, a small smile appearing on his expression. "It's Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, hyung," Jimin giggled. "Old man," he mumbled under his breath. "Yah! I heard that!" Seokjin exclaimed, but he didn't really seem to be angry.

"And we can take a long, long break. Doesn't that sound amazing?" Taehyung chuckled. "I guess it does..." Namjoon said. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go home now!" Jungkook cried.

Of course they did -- they're a big, warm, and loving family and will forever remain so. 💜

Will miss everyone :( Again, check out my new book if you're interested <3