Intervention/Rehab

526: INT. HOTEL SUITE DAY FADE IN: 

The next day, Michael experiences severe withdrawal. 

RACHAEL: (wakes up to the sound of Michael vomiting) Michael? (gets up and runs into the bathroom) 

527: INT. HOTEL SUITE (BATHROOM) DAY CUT TO: 

MICHAEL: (violently vomiting) 

RACHAEL: (comes in) Honey? Are you alright? 

MICHAEL: I need my pills Rachael! Please! 

RACHAEL: I can't do that baby. 

MICHAEL: (continues vomiting) Make it stop! 

RACHAEL: (rubs his back lovingly) Shhh. It's just withdrawal, it's just withdrawal. You're gonna be alright, I'm right here. 

MICHAEL: (breathing heavily) Ok... I think I'm done. 

RACHAEL: (helps him up) It's okay, come on. (walks him out) 

528: INT. HOTEL SUITE DAY CUT TO: 

Rachael stages an intervention. 

RACHAEL: (sits him down on the couch) There you go. (feels his head) Jesus, you're burning up. 

MICHAEL: I'm so cold.

RACHAEL: I'll get you a blanket. (hears a knock at the door) (opens it) Liz. (hugs her tightly) Thank you for coming.

LIZ: Of course. How's he doing? 

RACHAEL: Not good, the withdrawal is way worse today, he's been throwing up all morning and he's shaking like a leaf.

LIZ: When was the last time he ate anything? 

RACHAEL: According to Bill and Javon he's had nothing but milk and bread for days. I've been trying to get him to eat but he can't keep anything down. 

LIZ: Poor thing. I'll help in any way I can. (walks over to him) 

PRINCE; Hey Rach. (hugs her) (looks over at Michael) Man, Mike looks like shit. Anyway, I have a letter for you to read if you want. (hands it to her)

RACHAEL: (reads it) Prince, these are the lyrics to "Strength Of A Woman." 

PRINCE: I know, I figured you could recite it rather than sing it. 

RACHAEL: That's not a bad idea. 

LIZ: (to Michael) You poor darling, you look awful. Michael, I think you need to go to a place where you can rest. You're physically, mentally AND emotionally exhausted. You need to get away from it all.

MICHAEL: But where would I go Liz? 

LIZ: Rehab. There's a wonderful private clinic here that I can check you into. What do you say? 

MICHAEL: I don't know... 

RACHAEL: (takes his hands as tears well up in her eyes) Please baby, please. Do it for me.