The MTV Video Music Awards (1995)

688: INT. RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL NIGHT

FADE IN:

One week later. September 7th, 1995. The VMA's.

DENNIS MILLER: Good evening and welcome to the MTV Video Music Awards. The nominees for Video of the Year are... Waterfalls by TLC, Basket Case by Green Day, Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson...

RACHAEL: (smiles confidently at him and squeezes his hand)

DENNIS MILLER: And Buddy Holly by Weezer. And the winner is... TLC for Waterfalls!

RACHAEL: (claps proudly) (whispers to Michael) Even though I think you should have won, that video sends a strong message.

MICHAEL: Oh believe me I know, they deserve it more than me.

DENNIS MILLER: Now, the nominees for best male video are... Tom Petty for You Don't Know How It Feels, Chris Isaak for Somebody's Crying, Elton John for Believe, and Lucas for Lucas with the Lid Off. And the winner is... You Don't Know How It Feels by Tom Petty!

MICHAEL: (applauds)

DENNIS MILLER: Now, the nominees for best female video are... Madonna for Take a Bow, Des'ree for You Gotta Be, PJ Harvey for Down by the Water, and Annie Lennox for No More I Love You's. And the winner is... Take a Bow by Madonna.

RACHAEL: (applauds but rolls her eyes) (leans over and whispers in Michael's ear) She totally doesn't deserve it. She's not even that good, and she's such a bitch!

MICHAEL: I know, I hated how she treated you that night at the Grammy's.

DENNIS MILLER: Now, the nominees for Best Group Video are... Waterfalls by TLC, Basket Case by Green Day, Love Is Strong by The Rolling Stones, and Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots. And the winner is... TLC for Waterfalls!

MICHAEL: (applauds)

DENNIS MILLER: And the winner for Best New Artist in a Video is... Hootie and the Blowfish for Hold My Hand.

RACHAEL: (applauds)

DENNIS MILLER: And now the winner for Best Metal/Hard Rock Video is... White Zombie for More Human than Human.

MICHAEL: (applauds)

DENNIS MILLER: And now the nominees for best R&B Video are... Waterfalls by TLC, Water Runs Dry by Boyz II Men, Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson, 5-4-3-2 (Yo! Time Is Up) by Jade, and This is How We Do It by Montell Jordan. And the winner is...