There's Gonna Be A Heartache Tonight

629: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) NIGHT FADE IN: 

One week later, Rachael is getting ready for her TV special with Olivia Newton-John, Toni Tennille and Tina Turner. 

RACHAEL: (comes in) Well? How do I look? 

MICHAEL: You look beautiful! 

RACHAEL: You don't think this looks too plain? I mean it's supposed to be girls night out and I feel like this is too sophisticated. 

MICHAEL: No, don't be silly! You look good in everything! 

RACHAEL: You know what? This is too plain, I'm gonna go change. (goes upstairs) 

MICHAEL: (shakes his head in amusement) 

RACHAEL: (comes back down) What do you think? Better? 

MICHAEL: (walks over to her and cups her face) (kisses her) You look stunning, you always do

MICHAEL: (walks over to her and cups her face) (kisses her) You look stunning, you always do. Don't be nervous! You're gonna knock it out of the park tonight, I can feel it. 

RACHAEL: I know, it's just been so long since I've done a TV special or even a concert. I don't wanna screw up. 

MICHAEL: Baby, you can't even hit a bad note let alone screw up. You're gonna be just fine, I believe in you. Now stop beating around the bush and get down to the bone, because they're gonna leave you in the parking lot and then there really will be a heartache tonight! (gives her a wink) 

RACHAEL: (laughs) Clever! Ok, I won't be back late cuz some folks can't hold out that long! (kisses his cheek) See? I can do it too! Bye honey. (leaves) 

630: EXT. DOWNTOWN HOLLYWOOD. NIGHT CUT TO: 

The special. 

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: Rachael! Over here! 

RACHAEL: Hi Liv! (hugs her tightly) Thank you so much for inviting me! 

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: Of course! This is Tina Turner, and of course you know Toni! 

RACHAEL: (shakes their hands) Tina, it's an honor to meet you, and Toni it's wonderful to see you again! 

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: Well, what do you say girls? Shall we get this party started? 

RACHAEL: Let's do it!

(Karen appears at about 1:05 but I had my character sing the verse after Toni and Tina too because I didn't know who the other singer was.)

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: Whoo! (the song starts and they start singing in unison)
Somebody's gonna hurt someone
Before the night is through
Somebody's gonna come undone
There's nothing they can do... 

TONI TENNILLE: Everybody wants to touch somebody...

TINA TURNER: If it takes all night... 

RACHAEL: Everybody wants to take a little chance
And make it come out right... 

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: (all of them together) There's gonna be a heartache tonight!
A heartache tonight I know!
Yes I know! 

RACHAEL: There's gonna be a heartache tonight!
A heartache tonight
I know!
Lord I know... 

TONI TENNILLE: There's gonna be a heartache tonight! 

TINA TURNER: The moon's shining bright! 

RACHAEL: So turn out the light
And we'll get it right
There'll be a heartache tonight
A heartache tonight I know!
Some people like to stay out late
Some folks can't hold out that long
But nobody wants to go home now
There's just too much going on! 

TONI TENNILLE: This night is gonna last forever...

TINA TURNER: It's gonna last all summer long! 

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN:
Sometime before the sun comes up
The radio is gonna play that song!
There's gonna be a heartache tonight!
A heartache tonight I know!
Yes I know
There's gonna be a heartache tonight!
A heartache tonight I know! 

RACHAEL: We can beat around the bushes
We can get down to the bone
We can leave it in the parking lot but either way there's gonna be a heartache tonight
A heartache tonight I know
Lord I know!
There's gonna be a heartache tonight
A heartache tonight I know
Lord I know!
There's gonna be a heartache tonight
A heartache tonight I know
Lord I know! (track fades) 

631: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (NURSERY) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

Later that night... 

RACHAEL: (comes in quietly) (whispers) Hey, there you are! I was wondering where you were. 

MICHAEL: Hi sweetie. (kisses her) I was just putting Paris to sleep, she woke up a little while ago. How was the show? 

RACHAEL: It was fantastic! 

MICHAEL: See? I told you you'd be great! (kisses her) I love you. 

RACHAEL: I love you too. Come on, let's go to bed, it's late. 

MICHAEL: Ok. (both leave) 

632: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) NIGHT CUT TO: 

MICHAEL: Hey I'm gonna be shooting some videos this week. You wanna come with me and watch? 

RACHAEL: Sure! I'd love to! 

MICHAEL: Great! Tomorrow Janet and I are shooting the video for Scream. It should be fun! Then maybe we can take the kids out for awhile with Janet. 

RACHAEL: I'm sure they'd love that. (crawls into bed next to him) (puts an arm around him) Goodnight honey. 

MICHAEL: Goodnight sweetheart. (both fall asleep)

Next chapter will be up when I finish it. Thanks for reading!!