Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's 1999 (Finale)

(A/N: Just a couple quick notes, firstly, on December 31st of 1999, Prince did a huge TV special at Paisley Park called "Rave Un2 The Year 2000". That's pretty much what this chapter is based on, but unfortunately there's no full footage of it on YouTube, only a few clips. The only way you can watch the full special is if you own the three disc Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic album that includes the special on DVD which I personally own, but I did include a few clips from the special that I could find. For ones I couldn't find I just used clips of the songs themselves. I did skip over a few, specifically "Nothing Compares 2 U". Not that I don't like the song, I love it, but that song will play a key role in the third book so let's just pretend it doesn't exist in this story. And I added a few songs from Rachael and Michael of course. And also, Prince added a few additional lyrics in the version of Purple Rain he sings in the special but I couldn't find the lyrics for this specific version so I used the original. And lastly I wanna give credit to Mayte Garcia, I didn't quote anything too specific from her book in this chapter, but I worded it a little differently so I do wanna give her credit. Ok, carry on and enjoy!! ❤💜)

972: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) NIGHT FADE IN:

One week later, December 31st, 1999.

MICHAEL: (comes in) Hey sweetheart, I made you some tea. (gives it to her)

RACHAEL: Thanks honey. (sips it)

MICHAEL: How are you feeling? Did you go to the doctor like I told you?

RACHAEL: Yes... And she said it was a stomach bug, I'm fine.

MICHAEL: Good... Listen, I canceled the millennium concert.

RACHAEL: Why? You didn't have to do that for me.

MICHAEL: I know, but after what happened in Munich, I didn't wanna risk it. But, that got me thinking, since you're feeling better, and since we've got nothing to do tonight, why don't we go to Paisley and join in on the biggest bash of the year?

RACHAEL: (smiles widely) Let me get changed. (puts on a purple sequined outfit) How do I look?

 (puts on a purple sequined outfit) How do I look?