Thanksgiving At Paisley

(A/N: In the clip above, watch until about 1:25 for this chapter. The first minute of it is Thanksgiving)

530: INT. PAISLEY PARK (KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN: 

A few weeks later, November 25th, 1993. Thanksgiving. 

RACHAEL: (comes in to find Prince and Mayte cooking) 

PRINCE: (turns to her and smiles brightly) Well good morning Rachie! 

RACHAEL: What are you guys doing up so early? 

PRINCE: We thought you still deserved a Thanksgiving. Mike may not be here, but you've got us. 

RACHAEL: Guys, I really appreciate that, but if Michael isn't here to celebrate, I don't really see a point in doing anything special today. 

PRINCE: What if I told you that I invited your parents and your brother and they'll be here at noon? 

RACHAEL: (gives him a dumbfounded look) Oh... In that case, carry on! Let me know if you guys need help cooking! 

PRINCE: Nope! You just take it easy today. Me and Mayte will take care of everything. 

RACHAEL; I love you guys. (hugs them tightly) 

PRINCE: We love you too, now go back to bed! 

RACHAEL: (laughs) Ok, ok. (goes back to the guestroom) 

531: INT. PAISLEY PARK (GUESTROOM) DAY

RACHAEL: (lays down) (phone rings) (answers it) Hello? 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Hi sweetheart. 

RACHAEL: (smiles) Hi honey! Happy Thanksgiving! 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Happy Thanksgiving. 

RACHAEL: How you doing? 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Much better. The doctor said I could probably come home in a few days. 

RACHAEL: Good, I miss you. 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) I miss you too, so much. But I promise I'll be home soon, and I'll be a brand new man. 

RACHAEL: Baby, I don't want a brand new man. I just want the man I fell in love with 5 years ago. 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) (chuckles softly) You'll get him back, I promise you. 

RACHAEL: (smiles) Good. 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Is Prince awake? I'd like to talk to him. 

RACHAEL: It's still a little early, but I can wake him up if you want. 

MICHAEL: (on the phone) No, no, no. Let him sleep. Anyway I gotta go. I love you. 

RACHAEL: I love you too. (hangs up and lays down next to Prince) 

532: INT. PAISLEY PARK (DINING ROOM) DAY

Dinner. 

HOPE: Hi baby! (hugs Rachael tightly) 

RACHAEL: Hi Mama! (kisses her and turns to Mike) Hi Daddy! (hugs him tightly) 

PRINCE: Alright people, turkey time. (carves it and starts passing plates around) 

RACHAEL: (starts eating) (turns to her family) I've missed you guys so much. 

MIKE: We've missed you too baby. How've you been? You doing okay? 

RACHAEL: (shoots Prince a death glare) You told my parents I passed out onstage???

PRINCE: Rach, it was all over the news! 

RACHAEL: (rolls her eyes and turns back to them) Yes, I'm fine guys, don't worry. 

Later... 

PRINCE: Mayte, will you help me with dessert? 

MAYTE: Sure sweetheart! (both get up and walk out) 

MIKE: So uh, how's everything else been? 

RACHAEL: We're all hanging in there really. 

MIKE: You know, we've been hearing some pretty messed up stuff in the paper Rach. Are you sure you haven't noticed anything? 

RACHAEL: (facepalms herself) Dad... Michael is innocent, if I didn't believe.that I would have left him by now.

MIKE: Honey, we're just worried about you. 

RACHAEL: (sighs) I know, but I promise you, everything is fine. 

PRINCE: (comes in) Alright peeps, come and get it, my world famous purple pumpkin pie) (starts passing slices around) 

RACHAEL: (they all start eating) (to herself) "God, give me strength..."

Next chapter will be up when I finish it. We're almost out of the woods! 1993 has been one hell of a year. Once we get through January of 1994 things should start going back to normal. Thanks for reading!!