Ghosts

876: EXT. FILM FESTIVAL NIGHT FADE IN: 

One month later, October 31st, 1997. The premiere of Michael's new short film, "Ghosts."

MICHAEL: Rachael, come here. I want you to meet Stephen King.

RACHAEL: (shakes his hand) Mr. King, it's an honor. I'm such a big fan. I love your books, and the films.

STEPHEN KING: Thank you very much. It was a pleasure writing this with Michael, I hope you enjoy it.

RACHAEL: Thank you Mr. King (turns to Michael) Come on sweetie, let's go find our seats. (both sit down and watch the film) (whispers to Michael) You know, you should do more horror movies!

MICHAEL: (laughs) No way! Horror movies really scare me! (turns to Prince Jr.) How do you like it buddy? Is it too scary for you?

PRINCE JR.: No way Dad, I think it's awesome!

MICHAEL: Thanks buddy. (tussles his hair) 

877: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) NIGHT

Later after the premiere...

RACHAEL: (comes in with Michael and the kids while comforting a crying Paris) Shhhh baby, it's okay... (to herself) "The rest of the premiere was great, and the kids seemed to love the movie. Even Paris... Until she saw the ending when Michael smashed himself repeatedly against the floor, turning to dust. She was fine until then, and Michael felt terrible about it. I tried to tell her that it was just make believe, but she wanted to hear it from Michael."

PARIS: (crying) I want daddy!

RACHAEL: Ok baby, here, go to daddy. (hands her to Michael)

MICHAEL: (takes her and hugs her) Come here, it's okay sweetie. Shhhh. (wipes her tears away) Remember when we talked about daddy's movie today before we went to see it and how it was just pretend? That's all it was. Daddy's okay, it was just make believe. Do you understand?

PARIS: (nods)

MICHAEL: Good. (kisses her cheek) Do you wanna sleep with Mommy and Daddy tonight?

PARIS: (nods) Mm-hm.

MICHAEL: Ok sweetheart, let's go to bed.

PRINCE JR.: Scardy cat!

RACHAEL: Hey, don't tease your sister. Go on up to bed. (they all go upstairs) 

878: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) NIGHT

PARIS: (snuggles up against Michael and they fall asleep) 

Sorry for the short chapter, next one will be up shortly. As always, thanks for reading!!