Bad Vibes

929: INT. CHARITY NIGHT FADE IN:

One month later, July, 1998. Prince is throwing a charity concert for the Love 4 One Another foundation.

RACHAEL: (singing)
Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song
Sing, sing a song
Let the world sing along
Sing of love there could be
Sing for you and for me
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song
(Just sing, sing a song)
Just sing, sing a song...

MAYTE: Rachael! (hugs her) That was incredible!

RACHAEL: Mayte! Hey! I didn't think you were coming.

MAYTE: Well I am pretty worn out, but I really wanted to surprise Prince.

RACHAEL: Well, he'll be happy you're here. It's great to see you.

MAYTE: (looks over her shoulder at someone) (to herself) "In the craft area, I saw this girl who kind of looked like me but...earthier, wearing jeans and flat boots with no makeup. She was youthful, easygoing, like a kid fresh out of school."

RACHAEL: What is it?

MAYTE: Who's that girl? Why is she on the tour?

RACHAEL: I don't know, someone told me she was a superfan. Apparently Prince met her through one of the websites dedicated to him.

MAYTE: (to herself) "I looked at her and got a bad feeling in my gut. "

PRINCE: (walks over to her) Mayte, this is Manuela. We hired her to do some charity work and merchandising.

MAYTE: (looks at her) Really? Because I'm in charge of merchandising and Love 4 One Another, and I've never met you.

MANUELA: (laughs)

MAYTE: (gives her a fake ballerina smile) (to herself) "And that's when my husband shook her hand. Just as he'd shaken my hand years before, when we were both so much younger..."

930: INT. TOUR BUS NIGHT

Later...

MAYTE: (looks at him) I'm not stupid. I know something is going on.

PRINCE: There's nothing going on, why would you even think that?

MAYTE: I know that handshake. I remember it from when I was eighteen years old and Carmen Electra was standing there next to me, thinking she was the only woman you'd ever love.

PRINCE: You're being ridiculous! There's NOTHING going on! Just go home!

MAYTE: FINE! (storms out)

PRINCE: (sighs)

931: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) NIGHT

Meanwhile...

MICHAEL: That was a fun show tonight.

RACHAEL: It was, but it was a little awkward seeing Prince with that new girl.

MICHAEL: You think there's something going on between them?

RACHAEL: I honestly don't know, but Mayte looked worried, I could see it in her eyes, and things have been tense between them. I just hope they can get past it.

MICHAEL: I hope so too... (wraps his arms around her) Anyway, have you given any more thought to the vow renewal?

RACHAEL: Yes. We can get have the wedding outside, and I want Mayte to be my maid of honor. Maybe us renewing our love will help them get past everything.

MICHAEL: We can only hope. (kisses her neck) It's late, we should get some sleep... I love you Rachael.

RACHAEL: I love you too Michael. (snuggles up against him and falls asleep)

Credit for this chapter goes to Mayte Garcia. Next one will be up this Saturday, thanks for reading!!