I Never Meant To Cause You Any Pain

920: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) DAY FADE IN:

The next day...

RACHAEL: (laying in bed awake)

MICHAEL: (comes in with a cup of tea) Oh, honey, I didn't know you were awake. You want some tea?

RACHAEL: Sure... (sits up, takes it and sips it)

MICHAEL: (sits down on the bed next to her and rubs her knee) How you doing sweetheart?

RACHAEL: I feel guilty.

MICHAEL: (pulls her closer to him) Honey, it wasn't your fault.

RACHAEL: Prince hates me.

MICHAEL: Oh sweetie, that's not true. He loves you very much.

RACHAEL: No... He hates me.

PRINCE: I don't hate you.

RACHAEL: (turns to see him) Prince? What are you doing here?

PRINCE: I needed to see you.

MICHAEL: I'll leave you two alone. (leaves)

PRINCE: How you doing?

RACHAEL: I'm okay.

PRINCE: (nods) Rach... I'm sorry about last night, I'm sorry I left, I didn't mean to hurt you.

RACHAEL: It's okay.

PRINCE: No it's not. I'm so sorry I walked out on you like that.

RACHAEL: I'm sorry I couldn't give you a baby... I feel so guilty.

PRINCE: (pulls her into a tight hug) Oh Rach, look at me. (cups her face) It is not your fault.

RACHAEL: I know... But I know how much you want to have another baby.

PRINCE: Maybe I wasn't meant to be a father.

RACHAEL: (squeezes his hand) Hey, don't say that. You were a father to Amiir, no matter how brief it was. You were there every minute, you were a great father.

PRINCE: (slowly leans in and kisses her passionately)

RACHAEL: (gently but firmly pushes him away) Prince, what are you doing?

PRINCE: I'm sorry Rach... I don't know what came over me.

RACHAEL: I know you've been through a lot so I won't hold it against you, but um... Have you talked to Mayte? How is she doing? This must be hard on her too.

PRINCE: (looks down and bites his lip) Actually Rach, the truth is... Mayte doesn't know. I never told her I asked you to have a baby for us.

RACHAEL: What??? How could you not tell her?!

PRINCE: Because I didn't know how to! I just wanted to have a healthy baby! I look at your kids and wish Mayte and I could have that same joy... That same love... (tears well up in his eyes) God, I miss him... Why him? Why us? Why did he have to leave us?

RACHAEL: (sighs) I don't know sweetheart... I wish I had the answers for you but I don't. He's still with you though, he's smiling down on you, watching over you.

PRINCE: (breaks down and cries into her shoulder)

RACHAEL: (wraps her arms around him and kisses his head) Shhh... It's okay, it's okay.

PRINCE: I love you Rach.

RACHAEL: I love you too Prince.

Next chapter will be up next weekend, as always, thanks for reading.