Court

(A/N: I wanna give a huge thank you to my best friend erikadestler94 for helping me so much with this chapter. 😊❤ Enjoy!!)

556: INT. LIMO DAY FADE IN: 

Two weeks later, January 11th, 1994. Michael and Rachael are on their way to court. 

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Today was a big day. It was the first day of Michael's pre-trial, and we were all on edge. At the present moment, we're in the limo heading to the entrance of courthouse. Fans have already surrounded our car with signs in show of support. Michael on the other hand was a nervous wreck." 

FANS: (cheering from outside the limo) MICHAEL! MICHAEL! MICHAEL!!! 

MICHAEL: (looks out the window) (starts playing with his fingers nervously) I can't do this Rachael. I'm scared. 

RACHAEL: (squeezes his hand reassuringly) You have nothing to worry about baby. You know you're innocent, I know you're innocent and everyone out there knows it. 

MICHAEL: (starts sobbing) But what if they believe Evan? We could lose Prince. Or worse, I could go to prison for this. 

RACHAEL: (wraps her arms around him and pulls him into a loving hug) It would never come to that Michael. Everything out of Evan's mouth was a lie, and when the evidence is shown the Jury won't doubt it for a minute. 

MICHAEL: (pulls away and smiles at her) What would I do without you baby? 

RACHAEL: (smiles) You'll never know cause I will always be here supporting you Michael.

MICHAEL: (pulls her into a heated kiss before pulling away and looking out the window) (takes a deep breath) Ok, let's do this baby. (opens the door and gets out) 

557: EXT. COURTHOUSE (ENTRANCE) DAY

FANS: (screaming) MICHAEL! RACHAEL! 

MICHAEL: (turns to Rachael and whispers in her ear) Stay close to me and whatever you do, do not let go of my hand, I don't want you to get lost in the crowd. 

RACHAEL: (nods and grips his hand tighter) 

BILL: (he and Javon keep the fans back) 

RANDOM FAN: WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!! 

MICHAEL: (waves to his fans) I love you too! 

RACHAEL: (both walk arm in arm into the courthouse) 

558: INT. COURTROOM DAY

JOHNNIE COCHRAN: Mr. Jackson, Mrs. Jackson, good to see you. (shakes their hands) Are you ready for this? 

RACHAEL: As ready as we'll ever be... 

JOHNNIE COCHRAN: I guarantee it'll be a verdict of 'Not Guilty' with our evidence. 

MICHAEL: I pray to God for that. 

JOHNNIE COCHRAN: (he and Michael sit at the defense table while Rachael sits behind them in the audience)

AUDIENCE: (chatting amongst themselves)