Chapter 94: Sammy Road

*Isadora's POV*

Living with Jacques and Olivia for the past three days has been very nice. On the first day, they had taken us to get necessities and new clothes since we didn't really have anything. Second day, they let us sleep in a little to adjust to living with them, which I really liked because my bed was so comfy. Olivia apparently always made breakfast, but Jacques told us he was okay enough at cooking so that he had his three meals a day back when Olivia was working at Prufrock, so we wouldn't have to worry about having a nasty meal if she wasn't available. They were very cute together, and I was happy that Olivia had found someone that treated her well since she had grown very dear to my heart.

"Usually, our butler would come serve us our food in bed," Duncan noted, and looked up at our guardians. "I think I like this better." He added with a smile.

"We're happy to hear that," Jacques grinned.

Whenever we said we liked something about the weekly routines, that would be their response. They were happy to hear that we liked something about living with them.

I was especially happy because, oh I don't know, it was the first time I ever had my own room?!?! And I loved it! The walls were a sort of peachy-pink, with a couple nice paintings of flowery landscapes. The bed was pretty big with a couple cute stuffed animals (although Bubba the bear remained my favorite). There was also a corner with a comfy chair, a good sized bookshelf, and also a white desk that I decided would be perfect for writing poetry at. For my first bedroom all to myself, I'd have to say I rate it an 11/10.

Duncan and I were struggling a little with being without the Baudelaires, but I'd definitely say we'd be able to manage without them living with us. Besides, it was only three more days until Klaus' birthday when we'd see them, so maybe we were being a tad dramatic. We had talked in the living room about what we'd get him for a present, and I had also tried to think of a poem to write for him too- just from me. I knew he'd appreciate it no matter what, but I wanted it to be absolutely perfect.

Other than that, those six days were pretty uneventful, I'd say. I just couldn't wait to see the Baudelaires again!