Chapter 36: The Storm Wreaks Havoc

*Isadora's POV*

"Bluh bluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluhbluhbluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluhbluhbluh!" Klaus said as we got out of the taxi in front of Josephine's house.

"Klaus, we can't understand you," I said, trying not to giggle.

"But I assume you think we ought to decode Aunt Josephine's note before Mr. Poe and Captain Sham finish the paperwork!" Violet added.

"We don't have much time before Hurricane Herman arrives, either," Duncan pointed out. "We have to go to the library."

"Bluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluh bluh bluhbluh bluhbluh bluh bluh bluh bluh," Klaus said. We all looked at him in confusion and he removed his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration. He tried to mime out what he was saying. He pointed to Violet and Sunny, pointed upstairs, and grabbed Violet's arm to point to a hive in the exact shape of Minnesota.

"Go upstairs and treat our hives, got it," Violet said, nodding. She turned to Duncan. "Could you please find some baking soda for us?" Duncan nodded and went to the kitchen while Violet took Sunny upstairs. Klaus motioned for me to follow him and he walked slowly next to me, watching my facial expressions. I knew I looked frightened right now because of the hurricane, but I also hated to worry Klaus.

"I'll be okay," I said, "I'll sit by the door while you research. Is there any way for me to help with your swollen tongue? I think I read that sucking on an ice cube can help. Would you like me to get a cup of ice cubes?"

Klaus shook his head. "Bluh bluh bluhbluh bluh bluhbluh bluhbluh bluhbluh." He told me, gently pushing me into a chair by the library door and hugging me while standing up.

I couldn't contain my giggles. "I still can't understand you, but I assume you're saying that I have enough to worry about myself because of my Lilapsophobia." He nodded with a smile and went to work, taking out the book he hid the note in, along with a few other books.

I was surprised at how much had changed in the library. The wind from the approaching hurricane had blown away almost all of the glass in the window, and the rain had soaked some of Josephine's chairs that were closer to the window, leaving dark, spreading stains. A few books had fallen from their shelves and blown over to the window, where water had swollen them. There are few sights sadder than a ruined book, and so I looked at them sorrowfully for a few minutes, taking my mind off the approaching storm with anything I could.

Duncan, at some point, came into the room and informed us what Violet and Sunny were doing. "I found baking soda in the kitchen, so Violet and Sunny are treating their hives. If I'm not needed here, I'm gonna sit by a window in the front of the house and see if I can spot Olaf coming up the road."

Klaus blinked at him, thinking a little. "Bluh, bluh bluh." He then frowned.

Duncan chuckled a little. "Just, thumbs up if you need me, thumbs down if you don't." Klaus held his thumb down and Duncan smiled and nodded. He turned to me, showing me that he was holding Bubba the whole time. "I thought you might need him." He said, handing me the stuffed animal.

"You're the best brother ever," I grinned, reaching up to hug Duncan and I took Bubba from him. He smiled and left.

I surveyed the room, looking for something to distract me from the hurricane since Klaus wouldn't allow me to do anything for him. Really any distraction was nice, like if there were actually interesting books in here, or if there were a working television, or a handsome researcher who happened to be effortlessly carrying a large, heavy looking stack of books. Yeah, that'd do...