Chapter 41:

Chapter 41: 

            ***Martin's POV***

              After the big argument, I didn't to go Uncle's for a week or so. I didn't want to see Alex. It was such a shock.

              When i did go back Uncle was absolutely devastated. He was running about the house and calling people like a maniac. From the moment I walked in, all I could see was papers flying and bacteria on the walls. That's right, bacteria.

             "Uncle, what's going on?" My brain scattered trying to piece things together. "Where is Alex? Have you seen her?" He ran over and shook my shoulders. "I haven't. She isn't here?"

            He shoved me to the side. "Would I be asking if I had known." He let himself fall into the chair and sigh. "She's been trained to perfection. Better than any of the batchildren. And I just loose her. She's a teenager, I shouldn't have yelled at her about her boyfriend. Though she shouldn't have a boyfriend in the first place cause it endangers us. It's normal for teens to be this way right?" He glimpsed at me. Plants peeked through the floor boards and I began feeling faint.

            Was this what happened when Uncle got nervous? He's never been worried before, not like this. His powers were definitely acting up. He doesn't usually let plants grow in the house because he hasn't mastered them yet. Human cells are his specialty.

             "Did you call Icicle Junior or Catherine? Maybe she went to hang out or something." I walked over to the fridge.The only thing that hadn't gone rancid was some iced tea. "I called them already. They haven't seen her."

             I took a big gulp of iced tea straight from the bottle and put it back into the fridge. "Do you think she went to see her boyfriend or something?" That had to be it. She wouldn't run away for good. Would she? She's always changing and maturing. What if she did? How long had he been searching for her like this?

          "How long ago has she been gone?" I called out while checking out some cool algae next to the fish tank. "I thought she was just ignoring me so I didn't really go to check up on her until a few days ago."

           So who even knows when he left? She could've booked it from that very night of the argument. Knowing her, she probably did.