Prologue: His Shadowy Voice

"So what your telling me is... I have to go undercover at this school?" I questioned my mentor or some might say "partner" the most common is "sidekick." To a lot of teens like me that'd be offensive. I honestly don't see the offensive part, unless your suggesting that a sidekick is not as good or just the side guy.    

       "Yes," He replied in his deep manly voice filled with different emotions. I jumped up and sat on the counter," And...." He snapped,"And what?"

I rolled my eyes, "What am I suppose to do?!?!? Do I like, have to like, spy on someone? What do you want me to do?" He grunted once again, he did that a lot, "You have to look for anything suspicious."   

     "That's it? What happens if I don't find anything?" I crossed my arms. Surely this wasn't what he would describe as a "mission worth while." He suddenly dropped a heavy object on the counter, " Alex! Will you just shut up and follow directions?!" I jumped down and marched to my room. Sure, I'm only 14, but I am not some half assed yes-man... Or in this case, Yes-woman?... I'm not sure if that makes sense, whatever.     

        In my room was my new uniform and most of my things packed in boxes and suitcases. At least he was renting me an apartment. I sat on my bed and looked at the booklet for my new school, Gotham Academy. Where all perfect kids with perfect grades and perfect lives go. I guess it could be worst, he could be sending me to some random deserted island... again...