Chapter 27:

Chapter 27: 

            "I was watching the security tape from two weeks ago, you're progressing greatly," Mentor studied the screen. "Thank you," I set down his water. "So, you're getting older. You're turning fifteen on the sixth. Do you like boys yet?" He took a sip of his water without looking away from the screen.            

               "Uhhhh."

            "Or if you like girls, I guess that's fine too. I've got nothing against that. Or you could like both I guess. Of corse-" I had to stop his babbling. "I like guys, I'm definitely straight. Don't worry," I sighed. "Oh, okay. Do you like anyone? You've always been fond of Junior"

            I grunted, " You're kidding. Junior is like, 22. He's like my older brother. Why are we talking about this?" I tried to laugh.

            "Fine, fine," he began going through files that I was too lazy to read. I got bored and went into my room. The wind blew the curtains so roughly that I thought they would tear off. I closed the window and began reading this book that I had been trying to read since forever. Then I got bored.

              I picked up my pants that I had worn to the mission two weeks ago. Yes, they're on my floor. I should be ashamed to call myself a chick. I decrumbled the peace of paper in the back pocket and threw the pants into my hamper. I narrowed my eyes and fell into my bed the way I always do. I smoothed the paper and tried to make out the words. Mr. Smartypants wrote it in pencil.

             It read, "I don't think you belong there." My eyes narrowed. Of corse, and just when I though it might be something interesting. First they befriend me, make me like him, tear my heart out, and now they won't leave me alone. "Jack*sses" I grunted and threw the paper in the trash.