Chapter 44: Twisted words

  ***Alex/Cure's POV***

            I happily followed Tim (Robin) and Cassie (girl wonderful) to some museum or whatever. Apparently some dudes were going to steal some precious stone that would aid to mentor's crap.            After peeking inside, of corse serious 'ol Robin had to ruin my fun.

            "Stay out here, in case someone else comes."

            I rolled my eyes, why the flying heck would someone else come and even if they did we'd be able to take them.

         "Fine," I folded my arms and waited. Throughout I just sit there and wait.... Wait.... And guess what? WAIT! No one came!

        A little while passes before they came out. Bruised and sweaty. Lucky, I looked like I had just taken a bath.

      "Hey, what happened?" I folded my arms. This actually seemed like it was going I be fun. "They got away," Robin panted. "See, if you would've let me help you then that might not've happened!"

         I couldn't let you, you might've held us back," his facial expression changed immediately. What he said hadn't.

         "What?" I choked on my words.

        "That came out wrong," he grabbed my hand. I pushed him away. "Sure..." I ran towards my bike.            Even when I'm trying to do the right thing, I just can't. I thought they were accepting me. I thought Tim of all people was able to see the good in me. The good was what I wanted people to see after all.             The least he could've said was "we thought we could handle it". A white lie never hurt anyone. That isn't even a white lie, it's rephrasing it. They did think they could handle it. Whoever it was.