Chapter 8:

Surprisingly, the Friday after the next, Mentor called me back to his lair. Thank god he gave me back my motorcycle. That thing is a life saver, plus I don't think I could stand another one of Martin's "I'm her boyfriend" shows in front of the school. That afternoon when I walked in things were strangely quiet. It's not usually that noisy, but you'd expect to hear something from one of his inventions or something.

"Good Afternoon, Mentor," I greeted. He was sitting on a chair in the living room. Which was another surprise on it's own. "Afternoon," he grunted. Obviously SOMEONE woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. "Uh, do you need me to do something again? Or..... Need to talk to me?" I sat on the chair vertical to his. "Well, yes and yes."

Great, looks like im in trouble for no reason. "Shoot"

"Well, first of all one of my partner's watchmen reported seeing you on a 'date' with what looked like one of the Justice league's puppies. I didn't send you to Gotham to hang around with whoever you feel like, okay!" his voice rose. I've never had a father figure. I know, he was sort of filling those shoes by talking to me like this, I really didn't need it or wanted it. " I didn't know he was your watchman. He's just a friend, sir. And is frankly way too skinny to be one of those crime fighting kitties. The only person who you could possibly suspect him to be is Robin, but I've met Robin and can tell you they're nothing alike for what I've observed."

"How did you meet Robin?"

"On the last task you sent me on, he just showed up. He didn't cause much trouble," I smirked, "Like I said, crime fighting kitties." He didn't even move a muscle. "I need you to do something for me this weekend. You remember that guy, Lex Luthor?"

"Ughh, I hate that guy. What is it," I folded my arms "Well, we are partner's now but I don't trust him one bit. He's having a meeting and I told him I'd send you. When you're not around keep an open ear to what they say about me," he explained.

That sounded highly entertaining. Especially since Lex Luthor was one of the most annoying Villains out there, next to the riddler of corse. It's only because he thinks he so cool. "No problem sir. When do I leave?"

"Get ready now and your ride will be here in a thirty minutes. Luckily you'll be accompanied by some old friends," he pointed to the hallway leading to my room. And that was it.