THREE

Flashback

Han Si Woo had no interest in the unwanted child who was a product of his own mistake as a drunk and horny bastard who fucked his loyal mistress without caring about protection. The regrets had followed him through his entire life as his wife had never trusted him again. Their marriage that meant so much to him, was slowly falling apart after the events.  He had required the mistress to get an abortion, but his softhearted wife would not allow him to do through with it. She was not able to accept the responsibility to end the life of the unborn child, for this reason, she forced him to approve that they will keep the baby.

When the child was born, Myung Hee named her Han Aera. Her adorable big doe eyes, reminding her of the newborn biological mother, added to the already hateful emotions Han Si Woo was feeling toward his newly-born descendant. Yet, Aera received all the love she could only wish from Myung Hee, as she cherished and cared for her like her own child, that unfortunately, she could never have with her husband. Her whole childhood, Aera was only feeling affection and attention coming from Myung Hee, never from her father.

 Her whole childhood, Aera was only feeling affection and attention coming from Myung Hee, never from her father

Aera was invisible in the house despite her physical features, her father didn't seem to notice her. He never came to pick her up from kindergarten, he never sent her for the registration session to school, he also never came to watch any school events and competitions Aera attended.

Every time their eyes met, she could see the untold rage in Si Woo's eyes. In all honesty, this was not easy for her. Even now, she still remembered when she was only ten years old, and Aera broke her father's most precious watch. He had been out of his mind with grief and anger as he screamed at her making her realize that she had made one of the biggest mistakes in her life.

Being unwanted by her father had affected her profoundly throughout the years. However, the true love and care she had received from her mother had made up for it more than she could ever say.  Unfortunately, her beloved mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and she would not survive. She passed away when Aera was only 15 years old, leaving her alone in this cruel world as her father would not stop blaming the death of his wife on her. His feelings for the daughter, he had never wanted, took an even worse turn, when he found out about her true identity.

One evening, Aera fell ill because she was longing for her mother, she had to be transported to the hospital. The doctors informed the father that she needed blood.

 The doctors informed the father that she needed blood