SIXTY-THREE

Jee Chul stood under the shower, his hands rubbing his body, attempting to wash away all the sins he had committed earlier. Guilt washed over him for breaking his promise to Jackson. But it was too late for remorse. He had to endure the repercussions if he wanted to be with his sister.

When he finished the shower, he put on his clothes and wandered around the room. The room was quite big but only had little furniture, just a queen-sized bed in the centre, a closet, and a dressing table. According to Han Si Woo, this room used to be Aera's room. No wonder it smelled like vanilla. He walked to the dressing table and ran his fingers along the desk. Aera was just a simple girl. Therefore, he could not see any fancy makeup but just a few bottles of perfume and a comb. He examined the comb, finding a few layers of her hair stuck on them. Something suddenly occurred to him, and he quickly took the strands before hiding them in the file he had brought earlier and fleeing the house in a split second.

Aera worked out with Jungkook and Jimin in their home gym. As Jimin ran on the treadmill and Jungkook did some warm-up exercises, she was poised to lift the weightlifting bars. She set up the bar by stacking 30 kg of plates on each bar, hoping to put her strength to the test after a few months of intense training. Jungkook noticed her and approached her.

"Are you sure you want to lift 60 kg? It's quite heavy for you, Miss Han," he said while sitting on the barbell bench.

"We'll see," she said, smiling at the youngest.

"I'm keeping an eye on you in case you need my help," Jungkook stated as he stood up from the bench and motioned for her to lie on it. Aera applied gym chalk to her hands before lying on her back on the bench. She grasped the bar and slowly lifted it off the holder and into the starting position once comfortable. When she pressed the bar straight up from her chest, Jungkook noticed her face turning crimson. Her arms were slightly shaking when they were fully extended. Jungkook quickly assisted her by holding the bar in the middle.

"Take a deep breath, Miss Han," Jungkook helped. She nodded, taking a deep breath and drawing the bar down until it touched her chest.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes." She responded before exhaling the breath she had held for a few seconds. She exhaled and pushed the bar back up, hoping to complete the exercise eight times in two sets. Jungkook soon realized she had forced herself too hard when lifting the bar and was drenched in sweat. Jungkook held the bar before reattaching it to the holder and saying, "That should be enough for you, Miss Han. You're looking uncomfortable." He smiled as he extended his hand to help Aera sit up straight.

"Thank you, Jungkook."

"No problem," Jungkook said. He turned around as Aera stood on her feet when all of a sudden, her head felt light as if she were in a dream. Her knees felt weak as her vision blurred. She blinked rapidly in an attempt to see through the darkness that was circling her vision. She grabbed the bench to keep herself from collapsing to the ground.

"Jungkook..." she heaved and closed her eyes. Jungkook turned at the mention of his name, his heart racing slightly as Aera stumbled forward and nearly fell to the ground. He approached her in two long strides, pulling her up against his chest and wrapping his arms around her.

"Miss Han," he said in a terrified whisper, not knowing how to turn her head to see if she was conscious or not. Jimin approached them and assisted his boyfriend in holding Aera's slumping body. Her eyes were tightly shut, and her face was pale.

"What happened to her?" Jimin inspected.

"I'm not sure. She was fine earlier."

"Let's take her to the living room."