SIXTY-NINE

Lying on the bed, a violent sob coursed through his body, breaking the silence in the empty room. His life was completely miserable, the emptiness crept into his heart, and darkness consumed his soul. Aera had died because of him, and Namjoon felt like throwing up just thinking about it. He was a real culprit, dragging the innocent soul into the vengeance and causing her death. He should've been the one to die but he was still alive. It felt like someone had cut him open and all of his insides fell out. 

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry," he choked between his hard weep, hugging a pillow that she had always been using.  He curled up into a ball, crying as much as he wanted until he fell asleep.

~~~~

"Namjoon!" Namjoon smiled and waved when he heard her voice.

He remained silent, admiring his girlfriend from a distance for a moment. Her beauty captivated him, and he felt his heart swell with even more love for her as Aera looked up at the sky and smiled at the sudden snowfall.

"Aera!" He shouted to gain her attention. She smiled as she looked at both sides of the street. When she spotted no cars, she started running towards him. Namjoon held his arms open for her, but they soon fell limp when he heard a horn. That's when he noticed the car approaching Aera. His eyes widened and he froze in place. He had no choice but to watch as the car edged ever closer, and...

~~~~

Namjoon gasped as he woke up. He was soaked in sweat, and his heart was beating rapidly.

"Aera!" He called when he realized she was not next to him. Panicking at the thought that something had happened to Aera, he searched for her in the bathroom. His brain was like scrambled eggs and had ceased to function. For a long time, he stood at the door frame, feeling increasingly awkward and waiting for anything. But the room was empty, and nothing happened. A wave of claustrophobia washed over him, and suddenly the perfect blankness of the room seemed filled with menace. He gasped heavily and stumbled back to the dressing table. when he finally remembered the terrible truth—Aera was gone. Forever.

"I'm counting down the seconds until you're back because my days are incomplete without you." He remembered the message she had left for him but never imagined it would be the last one. They spent time together in pleasant company; she laughed at his joke over the phone, and then the world became chaotic in seconds. 

He observed the neatly organized cosmetics on the dresser. Most of them were untouched because she preferred not to wear makeup, and now it remained untouched. It was the moment he noticed a brown box on the table. Wiping his tears, he grabbed the box and carefully opened the lid. He gasped at the sight, his thoughts twirled as he took out a pregnancy test kit with two lines at the result window. 

"No..." Namjoon mumbled, nothing could explain his grief at the discovery. His heart shattered into millions of pieces as he grasped a pair of baby shoes tightly. His chest tightened with pain, and he collapsed to his knees. All of the memories they were creating came flooding back to him, and he could no longer hold back his tears.

The agony of losing her was too much for him to handle. And now he had to face the grim reality that he had also lost a precious gift from her. They were gone and never came back. She left him before he could marry her or see her for the last time, and he even did not get a chance to welcome their child into the world. He cried his heart out, tears running free from his eyes. He was weeping and screaming her name again and again.

Hearing painful screams coming from the second villa made the others worried. They could not imagine how Namjoon felt right now. Losing a loved one was never easy. He had tragically lost his father, and now he had lost a woman he truly loved. He would never see those faces again in this world.