SIXTY FIVE

Aera woke up with a heavy head. It had been going off for a few days, but she assumed it was because she had stayed up late just to talk to Namjoon on the phone. She took a shower, hoping to feel better, but the dizziness lingered around her. Her stomach rumbled loudly, and she thought she had nausea because she was hungry. She strolled to the first house to prepare the day's first meal. When she arrived at the kitchen, Yoongi had already finished serving the breakfast on the plates, and her other roommates were sitting and chatting at the dining table, waiting for the food to be served.

"Good morning, Yoongi," she greeted the assassin, who had not noticed her presence as he was preoccupied with washing the dirty utensils.

"Good morning. You woke up early today," he said with a smile that faded when he saw her face was pale.

"Are you okay, Miss Han?" he asked, looking at her.

"I am." She replied and smiled at him.

"But you don't look well to me. You looked exhausted."

"Perhaps it's because I didn't get enough sleep." She let him know while leaning against the cabinet near the sink and watching Yoongi wash the dishes.

"Have you talked to Namjoon?" he asked.

"We talked on the phone for hours last night and a few nights ago," she chuckled, recalling what they talked about.

"You two are love-sick puppies. Honestly, I'm happy for you. But you must take care of yourself. Let's eat breakfast together, and then you can get more sleep later," Yoongi suggested as he cleaned the last pan.

"That sounds like a good idea. Let's go," Aera replied, helping Yoongi to carry the plates to the dining table. When Hoseok saw Yoongi and Aera approaching the dining table with plates, he stood up and offered help.

"Let me help you, Miss Han," he said as he took the plates and set them on the table. Jimin pulled the chair out and gestured for Aera to sit on it.

"Thank you, Jimin." She smiled brightly at him. Jungkook poured the tea into the cups, but Yoongi went back into the kitchen and returned with a cup of coffee.

"Coffee, especially for the queen," he said as he placed the cup before Aera. Seokjin smiled contentedly as he watched his friends look after their leader's girlfriend while Namjoon was away. They were now like a big family.

Yoongi told Aera to rest in the second villa while he and Hoseok ran an errand, and Seokjin went to work as usual. However, Aera preferred to spend her time playing games with Jungkook and Jimin. Taehyung arrived a few minutes later, looking as if he had just gotten out of the shower. He went to the kitchen to get his beverage before returning to the living room to watch them. Aera looked at Tae, distracted by his scent, and forgot about the game. She put the stick down and sat close to Taehyung.

"Tae, you smell so good," she said, moving in closer. Taehyung looked at her, confused, and replied, "I didn't wear any cologne."

"But it smells so good," she added again, casually resting her head on his shoulder, and burying her nose in the crook of his neck to sniff his irresistible scent deeply. Taehyung became uncomfortable about the situation as Jungkook and Jimin exchanged strange glances.

"I don't think this is a good idea, Miss Han. We're lucky Namjoon Hyung isn't here to witness all of this, or he'd kill me," Taehyung advised her. His voice was trembling, and his face was filled with fear. Aera pouted at the cop.

"Then I want your shirt. Take it off." She ordered harshly. Taehyung's eyes widened at her request.

"What?! No," he said, his hands covering his body as if he was unwilling to remove his shirt. When Tae refused to obey her, Aera got upset and pushed the man away from her before standing up from her seat.

"Fine!" She stomped to the access door, slamming the door shut and leaving the trio dumbfounded by her unusual behavior.

"What exactly happened?" Jimin asked, and Jungkook shrugged, not knowing how to answer his lover.

"She's weird," Taehyung muttered, his eyes lingering on the now-closed door.

Aera locked herself in her room, still upset at Taehyung. Yet even she was confused about herself. It wasn't the first time she'd been close to Taehyung, and she didn't care how he smelled. But what was it about his scent that she found so attractive today? She couldn't think clearly and closed her eyes, hoping to get some sleep to calm herself down.

When she awoke from her long nap, it was past lunchtime. She didn't feel too hungry, yet she suddenly craved something sweet. She fixed her hair and went downstairs to the kitchen, looking in the fridge for something to eat, but it was empty. She rarely used the kitchen in her villa; therefore, all the food supplies were kept in the fridge at the first house. She sighed as she walked into the first house, hoping she wouldn't run into Taehyung because she was embarrassed to think about what had happened between them earlier. When she got to the house, she noticed Taehyung sitting on the couch, reading a book while Hoseok was watching TV. Taehyung gave her an awkward smile, but she ignored him. His strong scent, however, enticed her again. She tried hard not to be intrigued and covered her nose as she walked past Taehyung. Hoseok caught her with a slight pout on his lips.

"What is the matter with her? Does anything smell stinky around here?" Hoseok asked before sniffing his armpit. Taehyung did not want to say anything about what happened earlier, so he turned his attention back to the book in his hands.

Aera opened the fridge and smiled in delight when she found slices of indulgence chocolate cake in the refrigerator. She took out a portion of the cake and brought it to the dining table. She wasted no time and dug in. She moaned at the extra sweetness of the cake. The sinful sounds made Hoseok go to the kitchen to check on her.

"Are you enjoying your dessert and skipping lunch? Yoongi hyung left your lunch in the microwave. " Hoseok told her, pulling the chair and sitting with her at the dining table.

"Suddenly, I'm craving something sweet. Where is everyone gone, by the way?" she asked while looking around the house.

"Yoongi hyung, Jimin, and Jungkook are out to check on the club. Why are you suddenly looking for them?"

"I wanted to ask Yoongi to take me to the shooting booth," she told Hoseok.

"You can go for your shooting training tomorrow. You don't look so well today," Hoseok stated as she inspected her face. He noticed she looked paler than usual, and he was concerned.

"I will have my golf course tomorrow," she sighed, frustrated.

"I can take you to the shooting booth if you want," Hoseok offered with a genuine smile.

"Really? Okay, we can go after this. Let me change my clothes first," she said as she rose from her seat and carried the dirty plate to the sink.

"Are you sure you want to leave right now? You haven't eaten your lunch yet. Yoongi hyung will get mad at us if you skip lunch."

"I'll eat them later. And if Yoongi scolds you, I'll scold him back," she chuckled as she walked out of the house to change her clothes.

Aera's shooting practice went well, and Hoseok didn't miss out on the opportunity to show off his excellent shooting skills to her. After the practice, they went to the cafe to enjoy tea together before heading home. before Aera asked Hoseok to stop by Homeplus to buy some necessities. She grabbed a few beauty and toiletries, snacks, and groceries and even treated Hoseok to ice cream before they returned home. But, unbeknownst to them, Han Si Woo's men watched their every move from arriving at the club until leaving.

"We have followed them and have identified where is the most strategic place to continue with your plan, Sajangnim." One of his men reported to the evil mafia leader as soon as they returned to the club where he was sitting together with Jae Chul in the young chairman's office. He flashed a wicked smile in the latter direction.

"I'm sure you know when it's time for us to take action, Hwejangnim," the old man said as if he were giving orders to Jae Chul. Jae Chul's face tensed. If it wasn't for the fact that he had his own mission, he might not be able to control himself and would kill the old man with his bare hand. He took a deep breath before flashing a smile at the mafia leader.

"Don't worry, Sajangnim. Just leave it to me. I have ensured that our plan will go smoothly and that no one will suspect us."

Hearing Jae Chul's words, Han Si Woo laughed lordly. He was extremely excited because now he had a powerful partner and would finally defeat his biggest rival.