THIRTY EIGHT

"Aera...," Namjoon called out her name after a moment of unnatural silence persisting between them.

"No, you don't have to say anything," she stopped him from talking further, even if her heart was aching to know more about his relationship with the girl.

"Baby, I will explain everything to you even if you refuse to listen to me." Concern and hurt filled his eyes.

"If you really insist, tell me did you sleep with her?" Aera blurted out, although she already knew why Jihyo was spitting fire at her.

"Don't tell me that you are jealous of her?" He looked amused, and it pissed her off that he would mock her emotions. "Are you?" He asked two questions in return instead of giving her an answer.

"Did you sleep with her?" She repeated, and he smiled when she gazed at him with a sassy look.

"Does it count if it was only, let's say, a couple of times?" His voice was playful, just to see her reaction.

"Why are we having this lame conversation anyway?" She crossed her arms to show her literal disapproval. Deep inside, she could not deny how she had wished his answer was a simple NO.

"You are jealous, baby! Never had I expected such emotion from you. I cannot deny how hot this jealous Aera is."

"Can you just stop?" Aera raised her hand, wanting to hit him on the chest. Yet she immediately stopped as she remembered that the man before her was injured. She bit her lips hard and looked away, making Namjoon laugh playfully at her.

"I finally realized how much you love me, baby." Namjoon was clearly having fun teasing her and not giving a straightforward answer.

"You're not answering my question, so this conversation is useless. I shouldn't have agreed to come to see you in the first place. Or the worst thought is, I shouldn't worry about you at all," Aera brushed his hand off of her when he tried to reach for them.

"She's no one to me. And I don't have any special feelings for her," Namjoon realized that Aera felt hurt by his secretive behavior.

"If you don't have any special feeling for her, why did you sleep with her? ... let's say a couple of times?" She dared to mock the leader.

"Aera, if you want me to be honest with you, I never refused anyone who looked like a good fuck." Aera could not believe that he would say it straight to the point. Yet knowing that he was as devious as a mafia leader needed to be, he was free to pursue sexual activities with any girl he wanted.

"Refuse? Did she throw herself at you endlessly?" The tension vibrated around them when Aera slightly raised her voice while asking him questions. He seemed surprised that she would not stop interrogating him, yet when he thought back on the times at the club, his lips stretched into a full smile.

"Kind of. I mean, I tried to avoid her. But she kept taunting me, and I didn't have any other choice but to give her what she needed. In fact, all she needed was my... I'm sorry, that sounds low." What nonsense, Aera thought as more and more emotions filled her body and soul.

"Go on. All she needed was your dick, right?" She rolled her eyes at him in annoyance. If only he knew what was brewing in her mind.

"And the fame. I am sure that Jihyo was chasing my money even more than my dick. Aera, you have to trust me on this. You know how shady I was before being with you, and I will not lie, sex with her was good. But everything that we are talking about right now happened before I met you. You're the only woman I want in this world from now on. I love you and only you," Namjoon confessed to her, and she failed to hide the pink color that painted her cheeks.