SIX

As usual, Aera came to the cafe for breakfast, and she would not expect that today will be her last day visiting the place. She was enjoying her coffee while reading the book when a man approached her.

"Jamsimanyo, young lady. Are you Han Aera?" The man asked her, wide a wide smile plastering his lips.

"Yes, I'm Han Aera. But who are you?" She replied, looking confused as she did not remember having met this man before. She still presented him with a beautiful smile that almost made Hoseok speechless as his heart skipped a bit.

"My name is Jung Hoseok. Maybe you don't know who I am, but I know you very well. Can I sit with you?" He asked politely as his hand went to the back of the vacant chair.

"Sure." She grinned at the man before her, gesturing for him to sit.

"What can I help you with, Sir?" She asked, her eyes never shifting away from his face.

"You don't have to be too formal with me. Just call me Hoseok. I came here to give you something that might be important to you," he beamed, showing his tiny dimples. Suddenly, something clicked in her mind, and an image popped up in her mind.

"Hold on...You remind me of a guy my father was talking about years ago. There was a picture on his desk in his office and a note saying: expandable." She stated, curious if he was the same man. Hoseok was a bit shocked, but he tried his best to hide his nervousness.

*****Flashback

Hoseok was still sleeping when he received a call from an unknown number. At first, he refused to answer the call, yet after the third attempt, he felt annoyed and picked up the call.

"Yoboseyo..." he said in his lazy raspy voice.

"Mr. Jung Hoseok, you are hard to reach!" The man said sternly.

"Well, you're disturbing my sleep time. Who are you, and what do you want from me?" Hoseok asked, leaning his back against the headboard.

"My name is Han Si Woo. I guess you know who I am?" As the name resonated in his ear, Hoseok immediately sat up straight on the bed, each ending of his nerves on high alert.

"How did you get my number?" He asked, feeling rage raising inside him as he did not trust this man, that he considered evil to his core.

"This is a sheer business call. I want you to help me to make a deal with a cartel from Mexico."

"You already know that I will not arrange any deals for you."

"But this time, Mr. Jung, you have no choice if you don't want to lose your lovely girlfriend," the man laughed devilishly as if he just made a joke.