THIRTY ONE

Namjoon left Aera alone in the cabin to reach the parking lot, which was quite far from the house. For almost thirty minutes, he was now sitting in his car. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he exhaled, trying to ease his mind. If he gave in to his sinful side, he would not hesitate to take her and her body and make her his at that moment. He would devour her with all his lust, giving in to her begging requests from a while ago. Yet he knew it was not the right thing to do right now. Never would he do anything to her that she hated, even if she implored him to. There is no way that he could break her heart from now on. His biggest goal was to treasure her and fill her heart with his love so they could be happy together.

He soon realized that he had been leaving Aera by herself for too long. His heart raced as questions rushed to him from every corner of his mind, clouding his rational thinking. He should not have left her all by herself in her state of mind. What if Aera would try to harm herself? If it happened, he would never forgive himself. He ran back to the cabin as fast as he could, praying that she would be just fine. When he ultimately reached the front of the cabin, the door was still wide open. When he approached the entrance, he could hear her sobs and mumbles.

"Eomma.... please come and save me.." she murmured, but Namjoon could hear her every word clearly.

"I don't have anyone left in this world. I don't have anyone to love me, to care about me...." she cried in a mess, curled up on the floor, resting her head on her knees.

"Aera

"Aera...." he took careful steps towards her, trying not to startle her with his arrival. He knelt before her, placing his hands on her shoulders. She looked up, and when her eyes met his, he could see how tormented that woman's feelings and soul were right now.

"Why did you leave me?" She said in between her sobs.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have," that was the only thing he could say to her.

"Please don't leave me anymore." He furrowed his brows at her comments as his heart was beating fast. He lifted her and placed her on his lap. He held her so close to his chest as she snuggled on the crook of his neck.

" I promise I will never leave you again."
.
.
.

Han Si Woo was still working in his office that night when he received a call from one of his loyal men.

"Yoboseyo, Sajangnim?"

"What is it?" Han Si Woo asked him snappily.