FORTY ONE

Taehyung just finished his last night shift for the third week in a row. Handling all these problematic cases exhausted his brain and his body. After getting himself revived with a cup of black coffee at the canteen, he returned to his apartment early in the morning. Yet, when he walked to the basement parking of the police department, Han Si Woo's henchmen welcomed him. Taehyung already had an idea why the men were after him.

 Taehyung already had an idea why the men were after him

"Kim Geomsagwan. Long time no see," one of the men greeted him with an evil smirk.

"What do you want from me?" Taehyung briefly countered as he was not in the mood for a talk.

"Have you already forgotten about your mission?"

"What mission? I did not make a deal of any sort with your boss!"

"I don't think our boss gave you an option? Remember, it's her life or yours, Kim Geomsagwan!" The man dared to threaten him with a mocking laugh.

"How dare you come here?! I'm a cop! I can arrest you on charges of trying to menace a police officer," Taehyung declared as he smirked at the henchmen around him. He tried not to show his fear, his voice hard and loud.

"There is only one person we fear, Han Si-Woo. If you want to be live, you need to follow us! Please! Our boss requests to meet you."

Aera was in the gym with Jungkook, focused on her workout lesson with the youngest. Lately, they have worked out a lot of work together. Their routine consisted of push-ups, planks, crunches, leg lifts, rope jumps, and some sprints. In her first week, she almost gave up, but when Namjoon informed her that self-defense is also essential to defend herself besides learning to fire guns, she was motivated to go through with the program. Today was her third week of training, and she became fitter and full of stamina. When the youngest suggested she should try boxing, she was overly excited.

"You looked eager, Miss Han. I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing... I mean for me!" The youngest glanced at her, emitting a chuckle as he kept wrapping her tiny fists with hand wraps.

"When I was still studying, I saw many of my guy's college mates train boxing. I could feel the tension every time they hit the punching bag. And today, it is finally my time to learn about it too. So yes, I am excited," she let out in her enthusiastic tone.

"Oh, so you are not new to working out?"

"Believe me, I am. My friends only dragged me with them in the gym to watch some hot guys showing off their muscles," she confessed, a bit embarrassed at the youngest.

"Okay, so these times in the gym were for the eye's enjoyment. But real training to become a boxer takes effort, discipline, and self-confidence. However, today I will not let you punch the heavy bag because you still must learn the basics. First up, I'm going to teach you hand gestures. Follow my lead," Jungkook instructed her as he walked next to her.