SIXTY - ONE

Aera was on her way to the shooting range with Yoongi when the assassin noticed she was concentrating on her phone, occasionally typing something, and smiling. Yoongi initially assumed she was texting Namjoon; however, Namjoon's name appeared on his phone screen while Aera was still typing on her phone. He was curious about who she was texting and decided to ask her later.

When they arrived at the shooting range, they found Taehyung training by himself. Aera hadn't seen the officer in a while, and she thought he was tied to his shift work. He was so concentrated on the practice that he did not notice them standing behind him. Yoongi patted his shoulder, and he instantly stopped and turned around to find his friend coming along with his cousin's girlfriend.

"Tae, what are you doing here, bro?" Yoongi asked right after Taehyung removed the earmuff.

"Oh! Hyung, Miss Han. I didn't know that you were coming. I'm on my off day, so I came here for training." he replied and bowed to Aera. She returned him a smile before taking a seat on the chair nearby.

"You're practicing very hard, and you're getting better," Yoongi expressed, his gaze fixed on the scoreboard.

"Yes, I am. Hyung, I'd like to demonstrate my new skill to you. It's quite dangerous, but I managed to get a big point," he exclaimed gleefully.

"A new skill? Is it for your own protection or to kill someone?" Yoongi teased the officer. Listening to them amused Aera, and she admired their friendship. Their strong bond amazed her. They had a few arguments in the past, but they seemed to have forgotten about them.

"What are you waiting for?" Yoongi urged Taehyung.

"Sit back and enjoy the magic, Hyung, Miss Han."

Taehyung picked a new scoreboard and replaced the old ones. He refilled the bullet into his gun before pulling a black scarf out of his pocket.

"Hey, don't tell me you're going to shoot with your eyes covered, Tae." Yoongi bet with a smirk.

Taehyung just grinned at him before covering half of his face with the black fabric as if wearing a mask. Aera observed his appearance, and when she looked at his lips, it bothered her again. She tried to recall where she had seen those similar lips. A few moments later, something came to mind, and her eyes widened as a scene from her past rolled through her mind like a movie. Even though she was under the influence of alcohol, and everything happened in a flash, she still had vivid memories of the heated exchange she had with that man in the car during the party. The taste of his luscious lips was like a drug to her, even if it was just a one-night stand. And she was certain that man had been Taehyung.

Aera gulped down the lump that stuck in her throat, shaking her head as she tried to remove the scene from her mind. She was dragged back into reality when Taehyung started shooting on the scoreboard. Flustered by her emotions, she got up and went to the restroom. Her hands began to sweat, and she remembered asking Taehyung if they had ever met before, and he seemed hesitant to tell her. She suspected that Taehyung recognized her, but he preferred to keep his mouth shut. If her assumption were correct, it would and should still be a secret that they must not reveal, especially since she was now Taehyung's cousin's girlfriend. And knowing Namjoon couldn't control his jealousy, she did not even want to imagine what his reaction would be if he found out about it.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was excited to show the assassin his new skill at the shooting range. Yoongi noticed Aera had gone to the restroom, so he used the opportunity to check her phone. He had no intention of being a creepy stalker or invading her privacy, but he needed to know who had texted her earlier. He was fortunate that she did not use a password on her phone, allowing him to have easy access to it. He opened the message sections and saw the name Darren sending her messages. He recognized the man. He was the owner of Eva Golf Club House, as Seokjin and Namjoon once mentioned. Yoongi scrolled the message and found out they mainly discussed golf courses, but Yoongi had a bad feeling about this. He admitted that Aera was prone to being overly friendly with the people around her, even after his repeated warning to her not to trust anyone. This could lead to misunderstanding if Namjoon found out about it. Yoongi needed to take action before things got out of hand.