THIRTY NINE

Han Si Woo closed the door behind him with a bang and walked straight to his office in the left wing of his vast mansion. His loyal men were already lined up for him when he reached the room. Frustration was evident in each of their faces. Immediately he sat down behind his desk, crossing his arms over his chest, and leaned back, awaiting the report. One of the men closed the door to the office before facing his leader.

"What is it?" he growled, exasperated.

"We lost them," his man started, his voice low as he slightly bowed, unable to look the mafia leader in the eyes.

"What?!" he yelled, quickly getting up to his feet as he pushed the chair back. His knuckles were white when he placed them on the desk.

"We are sorry, boss. His men were faster than we thought. They found out about our plan to get your daughter back."

While listening to his men's explanation, his jaw tensed, and his teeth ground in an attempt to control his fury.

"I believe someone has been spying on us and leaked the information. I suppose that the traitor is around us," the man spoke without foreseeing what could happen to him later. Both of them stared at each other. The air tensed around them. Suddenly, the leader laughed devilishly before reaching for the gun inside his suit jacket.

"Have you ever thought that the rat could be one of you?! " he fired back while pointing his gun right on the man's forehead. The latter's eyes landed on the gun, widening in absolute horror while his body visibly shook in fear.

"Sa...Sajangnim. I - I have been faithful to you for many years now. You know that I would never dare to backstab you," he stammered, gulping hard.

"Are you sure that you are my loyal man? And never thought of betraying me?"

"Yes, Sajangnim. I am very sure. That thought never crossed my mind once." The man begged, hoping that his leader would have mercy on him.

"Good. That's what I need to hear from you. So, did you at least get a piece of useful information for me?" The leader sat back on his chair but his hands were still gripping the gun.

"Yes. This comes from my trusted source. Kim Namjoon was injured, and now he is hospitalized. However, they couldn't identify the hospital he was brought to."

"What about my daughter?"

"She is safe but well bodyguarded by his men. Kim Seokjin has put her under the care of their best assassin, Min Yoongi."

"Min Yoongi... Why does the name sound familiar to me?"

"He was the assassin who declined the task you had for him years ago," the man informed the leader.

"Well, well...what a coincidence! Do you think he revealed my early plans to Aera?" Han Si Woo's face looked unamused by the new knowledge.

"I'm sorry, Sajangnim. I don't have any information about it yet. But I will investigate more on the matter." The leader nodded at his stammering man.

"Now, what is your wise suggestion to bring my daughter back?"

"Well, we know that this cop from last time, Kim Taehyung, has a gambling problem. Apparently, he has a huge debt to pay back to one of the Japanese leaders. I think this could be your great opportunity, Sajangnim," the man suggested to their leader as his face lit up with interest to know about the plan.

"And how can we turn that into our advantage?"

"Offer him a big amount of money to bring your daughter back to you," the man suggested with a slight smirk.