FORTY- EIGHT

WARNING :
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT

Aera could not sleep properly when she thought about the previous meeting with Namjoon's team. Her body felt heavy and languid. She sat on the couch, sighing slowly as she turned toward the window to watch the moonlight sparkle behind the cloud and blinking stars illuminate the night sky. On the other side of the yard, she spotted thousands of fireflies flashing their lights in sync. This could make a beautiful painting as the magnificent view calmed her heart and soul. As the night was getting dark and cold, her eyes started to get heavy, and she blinked drowsily. Darkness surrounded her as she succumbed to her fatigue.

Aera wandered around the poorly dim room. She did not know when or how she came to this unfamiliar place. She tried to scream, yet no voice came out of her throat. She panicked and did not know what to do as she started to search for any possible way to escape the room she was trapped in. Suddenly she could hear a pleading voice followed by a loud wail coming from the other part of the room. In a hurry, she followed the voice, and ultimately her hand found a knob of a door. To her surprise, the door was unlocked. Gradually, she opened the door, careful not to make any sound, before she peered from behind the door leaf.

Aera could not hide her fear when she saw a weak figure lying on the metal table. The latter's hands and legs were tied up tightly, making it impossible to escape. The female struggled, yet her movement was powerless as she had already given up on fighting. Aera could not identify the woman as her head was covered with a black cloth. The naked body outstretched on the table was covered with bruises, blood oozing from a few deep cuts into her flesh. Her eyes then looked at the two men standing on both sides of the weak female, talking and laughing, as each held a dagger and metal bar in their hand.

"Let's end her life!" One of them growled, the voice sending goosebumps all over Aera's body. The woman's body tensed as she screamed for help. One of the men pulled the cover off her head, and Aera gasped when she saw the face.

"Jihyo..." She covered her mouth, hoping the men did not hear her. Aera wanted to save her, but she had no power to fight the men. When the man swayed the knife into the air, her heart beat so hard, and she thought she would collapse anytime soon.

"To hell, bitch!" The man shouted before he stabbed the helpless woman right in her stomach.

"Noo!!!"

"Baby, wake up! Aera!" Namjoon shook his girlfriend's body to wake her up. When he walked into her room to check on her, he found her asleep on the couch near the window. She was sweating and panting while her eyes were closed firmly.

As soon as Aera fluttered her eyes, he pulled her up to sit upright. She was dazed for a while, her eyes wandering around the room.

"What's going on? Are you alright?" Namjoon questioned, examining her horrified face. He brushed strands of her hair out of her face and wiped away the dripping sweat off her forehead.

"I had a nightmare. I saw Jihyo being murdered." She teared up as Namjoon pulled her close to his chest. He could feel her heart pounding fast as she was still panting to get a hold of her breath.

"Baby, calm down. It was just your dream." He wrapped his arms around her shaking body to make her feel safe in his embrace.

"Even if it was just a dream, it felt so real."

"You should stop overthinking about it. It is not good for your health," Namjoon comforted her, his hands coming to her back, brushing them up and down. Aera sighed, slowly composing herself.